It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

x_Jessee_x HB User
My hair will not grow! :( and split ends..

I haven't lost any hair, but it won't grow and it depresses me. It is shoulder length, then the hair on the top comes up to like half way down my cheeks, please can anyone help? my hair was pretty damaged cuz I used to straighten it everyday, but I haven't done for about 3 months, still have split ends though, any tips on how to get my hair in better condition? I did have my split ends cut off but they just come back again I really need help with this, thanks.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

ash777 HB User
Re: My hair will not grow! :( and split ends..

First of all, I would recommend stopping all heat styling, blow-drying, etc. Use a deep conditioner when you wash it and use a leave-in conditioner on the ends.

Don't wash it every day if possible. I've read that a boar-bristled brush is best for distributing natural oils to the hair shaft; it seems to work well for me.

Also, if you've had the split ends trimmed, I would wait as long as possible between trimmings. The problem with frequent cuts is when the amount cut off is equal to or greater than the amount your hair grows. I couldn't get my hair to grow until I stopped blow-drying it and quit getting it trimmed until it got noticeably uneven. (If you must blow dry your hair, try doing it less often, and if you need to blow dry to get body, try letting it air dry, then blow dry only when it's almost dry.)

I hope this makes sense, I can only suggest what has worked for me. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

x_Jessee_x HB User

Thanks, nah i never blow dry i let my hair dry naturally, i've had my split ends all properly cut off and stuff so hopefully it will grow.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
(female)

shannonbarie HB User

My hair doesn't seem to want to grow either. It gets to a certain length, about to my shoulders, and haults in it's tracks. I too use a flat iron but not frequently and hardly ever blow dry my hair. If I do use a blow dryer I don't dry it all the way and use a low setting, both heat and force. I'm beginning to think I need to be on vitamins or something. I eat very healthy but maybe I'm deficient somewhere. This has been going on for years and I would like to have longer hair.. not much longer but longer. Any suggestions from anyone?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

x_Jessee_x HB User

i heard some peoples hair stops growing at a certain length so maybe your hair has reached its length

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-26-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #6

R1e9d9a9n HB User
Thumbs up Re: My hair will not grow! :( and split ends..

LOL , that is a good answer. You just helped someone out and answered your own question at the same time.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-27-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
(female)

x_Jessee_x HB User

lol nah because my hair is all different lengths, and it used to be alot longer

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-27-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Closed Thread