It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Waxing rash!

Unfortunately I have facial hair which means I have to wax! Aye.
Anywho, I can handle that..I actually dont find it painful.

I just dread getting the rash. I will get some pimples in the areas that I waxed and that is even after I use ice to cool the area and aloe vera plant.

I just wanted to know if anyone has a solution that will gurantee no pimples?

Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Waxing rash!

I dont know about guarantees, but could you be allergic to the brand of waxing product you are using?

Tea tree oil is excellent to use as i use it on parts of my bikini area after i wax it. The interesting thing i noticed is the last time i had a professional salon brazilian wax i hardly had a single spot or pimple happen, but previously i have. I think it was due to the way the lady waxed that area. For the first time i hardly felt a thing. I know the face is more delicate than bikini area, but possibly it's the way you are pulling the wax off, the heat of the wax too, the brand of the wax. Also, you don't apply make up at any stage afterwards do you? The area should be ideally treated with something antibacterial as simply touching the facial area with your fingers later can cause the pimples to occur due to bacteria.

I used to have some embarrassing chin hairs b/c i stupidly tweezed a few hairs which never needed tweezing but i was paranoid. I ended up having electrolysis some years back and they have never ever grown back. Each time i see ladies with facial hair or who obviously shave i feel like helping them out and telling them to try electrolysis, but i don't want to offend them.I know of people who have had laser on their faces and it did not work. I hope you find a solution fast. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Waxing rash!

i also breakout only on my lip when it's waxed. sometimes worse than others. i have noticed it depends on the salon i go to. some waxes bother me more than others. i am going to try the tea tree oil.

Closed Thread