It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #1

Redone HB User
dandruff shampoo helps treat balding

If you are worried about thinning hair, start using the dandruff shampoo Nizoral a couple of times a week. Several studies indicate that it slows shedding by 17%, with regrowth of 5%. Also as old hair naturally sheds, each new hair that grows in is larger in diameter after using Nizoral.

It's an easy way to at least slow the balding process, and maybe even partially reversing it.

Last edited by Redone; 07-09-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

Gomez323 HB User
Re: dandruff shampoo helps treat balding

Thanks for posting this Redone. I started to do some research on the shampoo and a lot of people seem to say that they like using it. Not only that, I think it is the answer to my problem. At first I thought I was just loosing my hair. I was reading an article on this product and it said that people sometimes get itching, redness, or flaking which can sometimes cause inflation which can lead to hair loss. I have to say that my scalp has been itching since I started to notice my hair loss and I had a lot of flaking before that. If this doesnt stop the hair loss, I hope it at least stops the itching. Thanks again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Nizoral is always the shampoo I recommend for dandruff and hairloss. But try not to use it anymore than 3 times a week. It can be very harsh on your hair if used too often.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I too have read that an itchy and flaky scalp can lead to hair falling out earlier than it ought too. Maybe anti dandruff shampoos are the way to go to cure both problems.

I only ever get an itchy and in some parts a tiny bit of dandruff at the start of winter. One week on a dandruff shampoo fixes the problem. I've only ever used Selsun.

I wonder if all antidandruff shampoos have same ingredients. Must check out the ingredients on a few different ones and compare.

There is an excellent home remedy for itchy scalps but it's a bit smelly and you would only use it if you were staying home. You mix vinegar with water and use it as a final rinse after you have shampood and conditioned your hair.

Infusing some dried stinging nettle leaves in water and using it to rinse the hair regularly is another old remedy for reducing hair falling out. I don't know if it works though as i've not been consistently at it.

Closed Thread