It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

Dizzymoo HB User
Exclamation Hair dye allergie..or panic attack?

not sure where to post this,so will just post it up here,the thing is,my parents went away for the day last night,and i decided i would dye my hair red,so i put the dye on,washed it of,was happy with it..Anyway i was thinkin 'omg what if im allergic? nobody will be able to take me to the hospital'..i stood up and felt dizzy..sick,headach..had hot sweats..and basically felt..very odd.i do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks but not had one in ages,so i thought 'omg! im going to die,its from the hair dye' i had done an allergy test and it was ok..so was it panic? or was it from the hair dye? please let me know what you think..

Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

Dizzymoo HB User
Re: Hair dye allergie..or panic attack?

someone answer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Why would you think you're dying from hair dye? are you having other symtoms?

It sounds like pure anxiety....remember, anxiety is driven by your thoughts. I don't think it was dye related.

How are you feeling now?

quincy

Old 07-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

Dizzymoo HB User

ive read horror stories about people who dye hair..then end up allergic and end up in hospital etc etc,i feel ok now,ive had a headach for a while,but to be honest i think its probley from being so stressed out

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-30-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I would say so.....people have been dyeing hair for thousands of years. Today, we have the best products available with the least amount of reactions.

Much of the reactions can be due to user error, even hairstylists can time incorrectly.

This is not to say that one will never have a reaction to an ingredient in a product however.

Enjoy your hair colour....what colour product did you use, and what colour was your own hair?

q

Closed Thread