It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

Asphyxiating HB User
Thumbs down Increased Hair After Shaving - Mild hirtuism?

Hi..sorry I know this is probably quite normal but I'm just curious as it seems other people don't really get the same problem. As in, when they shave the hair doesn't grow back in higher quantities.

Well.. i shave around my genitals (female) now and again (for comfort and cosmetic reasons) and i've noticed that i'm getting fairly course hairs where I never did before like around my perineum and up past my anus. I'm asian and i thought it was unusual to have hairs around these places.

I'm just wondering what the best way would be to get rid of these hairs.. I afraid to shave them as they may just make it worse and the hair would come back with a vengeance!? Laser therapy seems expensive too. I don't know if tweezing would help the problem or would that increase the growth of ingrown hairs?

I'd appreciate if anyone can has any advice at all, thank you

Last edited by Asphyxiating; 11-06-2006 at 01:11 PM.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
(male)

MrTanner HB User
Re: Increased Hair After Shaving

Laser hair removal can be expensive, but it is your best option for long term removal. Other than that, I would suggest waxing. You can go to a professional, or go to your local beauty supply outlet and purchase the same products that they use. These days you can even buy microwave formulas. Many people wax at home. It will be a little messy the first couple of times, but after you get the hang of it, you will be able to do it in no time. The amount of money saved by doing it yourself at home is considerable.

Waxing tends to thin out the hair after repeated waxings. Where as shaving tends to thicken the hair. This is probably because waxing probably does some damage to the hair folicle, due to the fact that you repeatedly pull out the hair by the roots. Also, waxing lasts way longer than shaving.

I would suggest you looking for a Brazilian Wax formula. Also one that you don't have to use muslin strips with. The strips can be cumbersome to work with in those areas when doing the waxing yourself.

Oh, and don't forget to put something on the floor where you will be waxing.. The drips and drops of wax can be a pain to scrape off the floor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread