It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

isaddesign HB User
painful scalp near crown

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has felt pain or sensativity on their scalp.

I get an almost burning sensation near the crown of my head near the back.
Sometimes it gives me bad headaches
I notice its worse if I go a day without washing my hair, so I was it everyday
Sometimes i feel as if i can feel each hair move & it feels painfull
It doesn't happen everyday
My hair is fine & thin
I told my doctor about it & he ordered labs & thyroid & everything was fine.

Not sure if I should see a dermatolist thats specializes in hair/scalp....i hope its not a bad sign

Old 01-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

Snix HB User
Re: painful scalp near crown

i have that too!!! Totally worsens after taking a few body showers a few days in a row.

People think im crazy when i tell them my hair hurts.

Could you keep me updated on whats going on with you if you find out anything new? I never even thought to mention this to a dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
(female)

isaddesign HB User

I will TOTALLY let you know if i find anything out...your not crazy....I get horrible headaches...its awful

I think I will be calling my dr soon to make appt to get a referral....its happening more often....i almost wonder sometimes if my Hot showers are adding to it??

Ill keep you posted

Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Do you style your hair in any particular way, put it up in a pony tail perhaps, blow dry it straight regularly? The only thing i can think of is if your hair was being pulled or held back tightly off your face etc.

The only other thing is if it's a pins/needles type of sensation then it could be something to do with your blood circulation in that particular area. Maybe try getting someone to give a light scalp massage using almond oil.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

MuseChick HB User

ahhh i get this! i was wondering why i get it so much the other day...it's worse when i tie my hair back... so im guessing its just the pulling of the hair.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
(female)

isaddesign HB User

well I just got back from the dermatologist & he told me that I have one of 2 things.

Stress: so I need to relax more

or

Sensative skin/Allergies: gave me a creme to put on at night to see if the sensativity goes away.

So Im gonna give it a try & see what happens...Im just glad its not a sign of hair loss

Old 01-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
(female)

Gaimon HB User

I have joined this message board soley for this problem. I have been troubled by this for many months. My doctor can find nothing wrong but it is driving me mad. I thought maybe the hot weather had something to do with it and then wondered if it was something I eat or drink.
As for it being stress, well, that dosen't fit either.
I look forward to any other suggestions.
Cheers
Gaimon

Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #8
(female)

maddy1980 HB User

I have painful scalp too. Its getting me down now (has been going on for about 18 months tho) I used to have very thick, strong long hair now ive had to cut it short and each hair is much thinner and wispier. My scalp itself is so painful, some days worse than others. last time i went to the hairdresser when she was doing my hair i had tears coming down my face from the pain - and i consider myself to have quite a high pain threshold. i am researching this topic in depth now as like yourselves im struggling to find any answers. i saw a dermatologist who said i had dermatitis and prescribed an anti fungal lotion that didnt work. today im starting to use grapefruit seed extract as a rinse after shampooing as ive had a lot of luck with gse for other health problems, its good stuff. i also have some friends in india who tell me that my problem is caused by thinking too much they are sending me some oil called vatika that i have to massage into my scalp. i'll let you know how i get on. i was wondering about the stress factor - hard to know if you're stressed out when you're a laid back person! Good luck all. ps, also research candida as this can spread to all parts of the body, is very common and i have other symptoms of it xx

Closed Thread