It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
(male)

Rawspice HB User
Male with bald patches, please read....

Hi, could anyone give me any advice. About 10 years ago there was a small bald patch on my scalp, my hairdresser found it. My mum said it was probably because I had scratched a chicken-pox, I didn't think anymore of it but the hair never grew back.

Then about 2 years ago I was in the shower, my hair was really itchy and dry and I was scratching away and the water was quite hot! As I was scratching away I looked down to see a lot of hair in the bath. My hair hasn't grown back, so I now have three bald spots close together where there is no hair at all. I must point out that I have good hair growth, my hair isn't thinning at all, it's just three fairly small bald spots that almost make up one big bald patch. These bald patches are on the top of my head and near the middle.

I went to the doctors and I think they said I had scalp psoriasis. But I thought that scalp psoriasis caused your hair to thin, not bald patches where the hair doesn't grow back? My hair is still itchy and I'm worried I will get new bald spots. If I get anymore bald spots it will really start to notice, I can't have my hair too short now. I still wake up with loads of single hairs on my pillow and bed.

What made my hair fall out in the shower? Was it because the water was to hot or because I was scratching to hard? Why hasn't my hair grown back? I would appreciate any advice please!

Last edited by Rawspice; 02-02-2007 at 03:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
(male)

Rawspice HB User
Re: Male with bald patches, please read....

Can't nobody help then?

Old 02-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

It's sounds like it could be a type of fungus, maybe? Was the doctor you saw a dermatologist? If not, you should definitely see one.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
(male)

Rawspice HB User

No it's not fungus, a nurse scraped some skin from my scalp but the results came back fine.

No I haven't seen a dermatologist, I said to my doctor if I could see one but he said no. My docotor keeps putting me on different shampoos, I have tried Polytar, nizoral, T/Gel and Capasal Therapeutic. Capasal helped a little bit but it's still itchy, the other three shampoos all made my head itch more!

I just can't understand why my hair never grew back on these bald spots. Is it possible that having the water to hot in a shower and scratching too hard can damage the scalp beyond repair??

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-12-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

Okay......my husband have similar problem. But, this is just my opinion. So, I don't know if this will help you or not.

We never even went to see a doctor(luckily his hair grew back).....anyway what he had:

it was strange. His hair is thick, never had a problem. So it was really odd to see him one day with a bald patch on his head. At first, we thought it was just an injury or something...then as the weeks go by, I started noticing more bald patches.

We probably had like 2 of them. But.. what was scaring us, was it actually got bigger. Like the area is getter even more bald(it's strange). Inflame or something.

He said it does hurt if you touch the bald spot. But, it doesn't even look pink or red to me. Anyway......we just ask friends if this had happened to them, before.

Since, we didn't go to the doctor(he wasn't insured at that time) anyway...all his friends said it was just stress!(which at that time he was...he lost his job) they bought him a gel. It's called HAIR FOOD--basically he applied it to the area around the bald....eventually the it grew back.(I think it was like 5 months or something)

Hope it helps.....

Old 02-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
(male)

Rawspice HB User

^Thanks.

I live in the UK, do you think this hair food stuff can work even if you have had a bald patch for a long time? My scalp can sometimes hurt as well but the bald spots look white, not red at all. Didn't your husbands hair itch at all?

Closed Thread