It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

bellywelly HB User
Unhappy hair on chin at chest

hia the other week i noticed that i had a hair on my chin and a hair on my chest i have dark hair and do get upper lip hair which i use a cream to get rid of this!why did i get these hairs and will they continue or could it just be a one off. I started the pill two month ago could this be a fact?
is there othe rways of hair removel i could use as i pluked them hair out
thanks xxx

Last edited by bellywelly; 03-11-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
(female)

Mrs.Khan HB User
Re: hair on chin at chest

Hair on chin can be due to hormonal abnormality .get your female sex hormone level checked .If u r not suffering from Polycystic ovaries ,then don't worry about this .pills should in fact cure polycystic disease so they cannot be the cause .Have u recently started to lose heair on your head as well ?if yes then u n eed to see a doctor to check you for polycystic overaies or thyroid problems ...your can remove them by face epilator

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

many females get little hairs on their face, or a few hairs on their chest. theres nothing wrong with it. which is why there are so many facial hair removers...you can wax if your brave. the results will last longer than if you used a cream. and after series of usage, the hairs become finer and may stop growing. shaving or cream may actually make the hair thicker. there is of course laser treatment if you want to go that way. if you only have a couple popping up, why dont you just twease them?

Old 03-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Birth control pills are not all alike. Some are used to treat (not cure) PCOS, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, and some can cause unwanted facial and body hair. There should be an insert with information, directions, and side effects included with your prescription. It takes 3-6 months for a medication to stimulate dormant follicles, so I doubt it is the pill in this case.

There are many reasons for hair. Hair on the chin is rarely due to hormonal abnormalities. Genetics or aging are most likely the culprit. Only when there is a great deal of hair on the chin and other areas and other symptoms would I suspect a hormone abnormality. I am very adamant that women with those symptoms seek medical attention and testing for male (not female) hormone levels and insulin resistance. I would never recommend wasting your's and the doctors time for 2 hairs.

It is unwise to tweeze or wax facial hairs (other than brows) since follicles that are sensitive to male hormones can easily be stimulated by the tweezing/waxing. That also includes using a face epilator. The wiser temporary methods of hair removal that won't affect the structure or the germ cells of the hair are: shaving, clipping, depilatories, and bleaching. For permanency, electrolysis (aka diathermy in UK) is a better choice for small amounts of hair. But if it's only 2 hairs right now, I would simply clip them. Laser is definitely over kill for 1 chin hair and 1 chest hair.

There is a lot of misinformation still circulating 80 years after it was proven false. Shaving does not make hair thicker. It was proven in 1927 by Dr. Mildred Trotter. Shaving simply removes the tapered tip of the hair strand leaving the blunt cut stubble. Once that hair sheds and is replaced, the replacement hair will once again have the fine tapered tip until it is again cut.

Closed Thread