It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
(male)

JohnnyN219 HB User
Red face chest hair & stomach hair

i have way way to much hair in my chest & stomach area and i want to remove all of it!!!

i dont know if i can wax because my body has a allergic reaction to the wax when i apply it. is there any hair removal cream i can get because i really dont think this is a good look for me.

PLZ!! HELP!!

Old 05-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User
Re: chest hair & stomach hair

Hi with the hair removal cream you would have to get through a few tubes to cover such a large area.

Personally I would visit a saloon, and ask them to do a small area as a test. There are different types of wax that can be used in a saloon. Or even sugaring.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
(male)

Dang12 HB User

You could just use a razor and shaving cream. You could also use a mustache trimmer. I use it and it works fine but you will have little stubbles of hair and wont have a clean cut look if you used a razor. the only reason I dont use a razor is because my skin feels very uncomfortable afterwards and it itches and its feels so weird to me that I cant wear any shirts that day and am very uncomrtable wearing shirts for many days afterwards.

I would really just use a trimmer, it takes a few minutes and while not a clean look it gets the job done.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
(male)

JohnnyN219 HB User

yea but wont that make my hair grow back faster and thicker because i just want to get rid of it all

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-29-2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Removed unneccesary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
(male)

Dang12 HB User

It does but at a certain point the hair stops coming in thicker and darker. Even the creams that say they will keep your hair from growing back do not work. I have used many cremes in the past and my hair always grows back. Another downside of cremes is that you can have reactions to them (see my other thread). As stated, I used body hair removal creme on my back. A few days later I had acne all over my back but im not sure why the creme does that (reason for my other thread). The acne was seriously so bad, they I serious thought I had contracted a disease such as measles and I was contimplated going to the hospital.

So either way your going to have hair growing back.

Last edited by Dang12; 05-28-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
(female)

TANKG!RL HB User

If you have very sensitive skin then products like Nair and Epil-Stop BURN!! I have used both and I have very, very sensitive skin, I got burns to the point I was uncomfortable having my clothing touch my arms and legs. My boyfriend on occasion uses Nair for sensitive skin(they make one specifically for men) and it once in awhile burns a little if his skin is dry. Try going to a local salon, they DO have special products to remove hair that is made for sensitive skin. Also a more permanent hair removable process is Electrolysis. It takes ALONG time to have this done and many sessions but it is permanent.

If you're uncomfortable going to a salon call up one and ask what they recommend for a product.... they might even sell some in their salon.

If you go with a cream make sure you use a beard trimmer or clippers to trim the hair down to about an inch in length before you apply the cream. It will be more affective and cover more area then just being placed over the hair.

Good Luck!

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-29-2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Read all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Old 05-29-2007, 05:26 AM   #7
(male)

AllGood HB User

shaving with a trimmer is the way to go. I am very hairy too, and I can tell shaving just sucks. You can get the wax but for us real hairy guess that doesn't last too long. A number of shaver company have come out with body shavers for men. I have one and it works well. And after a well the hair does get finer when it goes it and does not grown as fast and as much. but whatever you do always use alcohol or witch hazel to avoid bumps and in grown hairs. Nothing worst than an ingrown hair in the middle of you back.

Closed Thread