It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
(male)

Bin_man HB User
Can it be normal just to have a high hairline?

Hey people,

I'm 20, and I've got a pretty high hairline. A couple of friends will joke that it's "receding", and sometimes I'm worried about it myself.

But I'm wondering if a high hairline necessarily indicates the first step on the road to baldness? I don't lose particularly large amounts of hair. I'm not under crazy amounts of stress. While nobody in my family seems to be bald, my father and my brother have high hairlines which seem to have been like that for a while.

So I guess my question is...is it possible to have a hairline that becomes high and just stays that way? I've certainly got a higher hairline now than I had 2 or 3 years ago, but does that mean it's on the way to baldness or is it just the way it's going to settle?

Cheers

Old 07-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
(male)

Th3rD 3yE HB User
Re: Can it be normal just to have a high hairline?

from what i know, the hairline matures. i have a high hairline and i am 22. my dad has one. i have had one since i can remember. i think it also has to do with the shape of you head. to answer your question i don't know if it does or not. my dads hair is a high hairline but is also thinned. it is definitely not completely bald but it is not enough to style. as of right now i can still style my hair as i have always done and not really notice my hairline as a problem. but it is definitely not typical of people my age. i wouldn't worry about it because it just might just all fall out one day and you will realize that you should have enjoyed it while you got it. thats how i feel about mine right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Hi everyone has a different hairline, some are lower and some are much higher.

If you were starting to recede however, your hairline would be moving back at the sides of your forehead out of line from your forehead hairline. if you get what I mean..

I wouldn't worry.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
(male)

vf31 HB User

you sound like me, (im 23)

i worry too, as i have pretty thin hair, and a pretty high hairline, its been high all my life, but added the thin hair and what you get is a me stressing, which isnt helpful either.

i feel i will look dumb without hair, and that if i do start losing alot of it, it will be hard to bite the bullet and just shave my head.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
(male)

wayne_MI HB User

Losing hair isn't what causes baldness. It's when the hair doesn't grow back that you need to worry.

Closed Thread