It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

local_host HB User
Does anyone know of a shampoo that won't dry your hair out???

Is there a shampoo that exists that doesn't "clean" your hair too much?? For example sometimes I will wash my hair without any shampoo at all, just plain water. My hair feels much better afterwards, but looks a slight bit greasy and might not smell as good? (vs. w/shampoo). But the best thing is that it's not all super dry and "poofy". By the way, I use a separate conditioner as well and it does not take away the dryness or poofy look. Also, hair gel doesn't even work- I guess it's because my hair is too absorbent.. It's almost like a sponge the way it will soak up anything in it. It also strongly absorbs smells too, whenever I'm around a strong odor for a length of time my hair will retain that smell long after. I have tried using less shampoo but this does not seem to matter. My hair just gets too clean, if that makes any sense...

Last edited by local_host; 08-10-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Does anyone know of a shampoo that won't dry your hair out???

Nexus has a shampoo called Therappe that's moisturizing. It takes just enough grease out and it's not too dry. I'm allergic to it otherwise I would use it. It's not cheep though they used to sell it only in salons but now it's available at Walmart and the grocery store even but the price is still high.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
(male)

local_host HB User

Kari7171, thanks I might look into that...

By the way, I forgot to mention that I have really bad dry scalp problems, which causes dandruff- otherwise I would hardly ever use any shampoo at all.

What's kind of weird is that my parents hardly ever wash their hair (and it doesn't smell at all or look geasy). Their hairdresser actually recommended that older people wash their hair less, because it causes drying and hair loss.

That wouldn't work for me because of my dry scalp/dandruff. I at least have to run water over it for hydration. Same with my face..

Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

You can also get the therappe shampoo in sample sizes so you could try it before buying a larger bottle.

They also make moisturizing dandruff shampoo's. I used to have dandruff but for some reason it went away years ago on it's own.

I wish I could go a couple days without washing my hair. Mine looks like a grease pit by the evening if I skip it in the morning.

I've heard that some people put powder in there hair to dry up the grease if they can't wash it every day. Not sure what kind baby powder I guess. That's another option.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

Garnier Fructis Length and Strength.

I've been using it for 2 months now and it works great! Doesn't dry out my hair at all.

Closed Thread