It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

shenben HB User
Unhappy Eyebrow bald spots, have not grown back in 2 years! Very upset! Help??!!

I know I shouldn't be, but I am very depressed, and have been for a long time. About two years ago I saw a girl sporting cute thin eyebrows, and I thought I liked the look so I thought I'd give it a try and as a result I have destroyed my eyebrows permanently. I found some tweezers and grabbed as many hairs as I could at once and just ripped them all out, now, I have two giant bald spots right where my eyebrows should be the thickest, and they have NOT grown back. a few hairs grow right above the spot and right below it, so you can see where the baldness is clearly. The skin in those areas is clear as a bell, and I don't believe they will ever grow back because I am afraid I destroyed the folicles when I tore them all out so roughly. I look rediculous, and when I look back at photos of me before the incident, I start to cry because they were perfect brows to begin with and now I have to keep them super thin so no one notices the bald spots. My vanity has destroyed my brows. I want to know if there is anything I can do to help restore the hair... I've read that rogaine won't work... and I don't have money right now to be buying it all the time either. I have to pencil in my brows every day but they are dark and penciling them in just makes them look like I drew my brows on, very unflattering. Please help me with any information you can. I can't believe I did this to myself. Now I am paying the price.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: Eyebrow bald spots, have not grown back in 2 years! Very upset! Help??!!

Brow powder applied with a stiff brush looks much more natural than brow pencil. In the future you may want to consider permanent make-up. Transplants are also an option now, but...because the donor hair comes from your scalp, it is programed to grow, so once transplanted, you would have to trim regularly.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

shenben HB User

So you are saying that it is possible to get eyebrow transplants? What are they like and how much do they cost? I understand the growing problem.. but I would much rather have to trim hair then have none at all.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

It's a fairly new procedure. They graft hair from your scalp, just as they would do to replace scalp hair loss. The donor hair needs to be similar in diameter, color and texture as your existing brow hair. I don't have pricing information. There's a lot information available online.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

I have the SAME problem! I get urges to pull out my eyebrows and now they look bald! I'm going to ask if I could get that transplant thing.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
(female)

dianedmc HB User

I have a lot of problems with bald spots mostly due to my age...almost 50. I have found that applying castor oil has helped quite a bit. Seems to make the hair grow back. Not sure if this will help you as it hasn't in two years..but maybe worth a try.

Closed Thread