It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

ash67 HB User
Scabs on my head

It's really gross, I've had it for about 3 years now. The scabs are itchy, and if I pick them, they give out clear pus. I went to the haircutters, and she said my scalp was in great condition, not too dry or oily, and I was just wondering what this might be.

I've looked up the other posts about this on here, but none of them really seem to match my symptoms...it would be great if someone knew what was up...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Scabs on my head

I'm not 100% sure what your condition is due to, but maybe you should do a search on the net for Folliculitis. People can have this condition on their head, legs or arms and it's basically when the hair follicle gets infected. If it is Folliculitis i believe they treat it with an antibiotic and it goes away.

If it's not the Folliculitis it could either be the shampoo you are using. You could be allergic to an ingredient in the shampoo or condition or for that matter any other hair products you may be using, even hair dyes.

The only other thing i can think of is if you have an oily scalp. People can get pimples on their heads just like they can on their face. A harsh and overly drying shampoo can make an oily scalp worse and even lead to breakouts.

I would visit a doctor or even a chemist for a proper medical opinion, especially as you have had it for 3 yrs.

My scalp gets quite greasy and i have to wash my hair every second day. In the summer time i will at times wash it daily, depending what i'm doing or where i'm going. If i have sweated then for sure it gets washed b/c i dont want the pores getting blocked with sweat/oil and then causing tiny pimples.

What i do once or twice per week is to also buy some herbal tea or use fresh herbs from the garden eg: nettle, rosemary, sage. I make a tea with one of these herbs and add some cool water to it so its not too hot. After i have shampood and condtioned my hair and rinsed it all i then pour the herbal tea (minus the tea bag or the leaves of course) over my scalp and gently massage. I catch the tea in a bowl and then rerinse my hair repeatdly with the herbal tea another 3 times. I have found this to cleanse my scalp amazingly and my hair doesnt get as oil the next day after i have used this procedure. It doesnt make your hair smell either. It's helpful if you get some itching or a bit of dry scalp too and cheaper and more healthy than those chemical filled products i've purchased in the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #3
(female)

lynne55 HB User

Hi, this could be psoriasis,it is very itchy and very annoying, however it can be cleared up I used NEEM CREAM when I had it, just look on the net for a supplier.It doesn't smell very nice but it does work,you can also get shampoo and condition and many other Neem products. L

Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
(female)

JustMeInID HB User

Hi. Just came back from looking up Neem Cream, and there seem to be several companies that sell it, and each company seems to put different ingredients (in addition to the neem) in their product. Which one did you use?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-30-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
(female)

miss_kawasaki HB User

Hi I've also had "it" for about 3 years
it's awful, I'm compelled to itch and pick at the nasty scabs
It's a big as it makes it worse
and when you wash your hair it's streaked with the scabs that have
loosened from the scalp, it's a nightmare
the only thing I can think of is it's like when babies have
cradle cap
and I have used cradle cap remedies and none have worked
if you find a solution to this please, please, please, please,
please, please, please, please let me know

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-01-2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Also changed font color to make post easier to read. Ms_Mod

Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #6
(female)

talyia HB User

There are natural cures that REALLY work. In brief, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon juice, Tea Tree oil for example really do work. Boatloads of people have personally tried these remedies and been happy with the results!.... very very helpful! It certainly helped me as I suddenly had scabs on my head for a short while there and using some of these remedies really worked.

Last edited by talyia; 10-24-2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Had incl. URL by mistake

Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User

your right about the apple cider vinegar. It sounds like scalp psorisis to me with all the scabs and itchung in the hair. I would use a medicated shampoo for psorisis. I think I get mine from Rite Aid and often I switch to a tar shampoo or a salasytic shampoo (I know that word is mispelled). After I have the shampoo all in my hair I let it sit on the scalp for a while and I also spray vinegar into my hair at the same time..concentrating on the scalp area and let it sit and then finally do a super good conditioner to try and keep my hair from drying out. It really does help.

Closed Thread