It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
(male)

Lord2k HB User
Bald spot on back of the head...

Hello there.

I'm an 18 year old male and I have a bald spot on the back of my head that is a little bit larger than a quarter. My problem is that today I went to get my hair cut and the person who cut my hair misunderstood "number 2". I've never had a problem with him but now he did a number 2 blade instead of the number 2 style. So now I'm stuck with a rather large bald spot and no way to hide it and tomorrow I have to go to a place with lots of people.

Is there anything I can do to make it less obvious? ..Any "quick fix"? My hair is currently half an inch at largest because of the incident. I've asked some family members and they told me to try filling it in with eyeliner or the like. It sounds strange but it might make it less noticeable. Would there be any way to give it some "depth"? There are a few hairs here and there growing back on the spot.. but not a lot.

Thank you,

Steve

Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
(male)

WasFatNoMore HB UserWasFatNoMore HB User
Re: Bald spot on back of the head...

Have you ever seen a man with a "comb over:, "caesar", or other attempt at disguise? It always looks worse than a bald spot. I can only imagine how rough it is to be 18 and balding but with nicely combed, clean hair and being shaved and smartly dressed you will look much better than some attempt to cover up the spot. If you try to paint it with makeup and someone comes up behind you (unless you are really tall) it will be obvious. Maybe the best thing to do would be a self-tanning cream. It will darken your scalp somewhat making the bald spot less noticible and shiney. Up close will look like the sun did it.

Have you considered Rogain? I started that in my late 30s and it stopped my hair loss. I wasn't bald but was thinning and it stopped the thinning. At 18 it maight actually grow your hair back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread