It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

lepner HB User
hair that feels sticky when washed

I have an 11 year old daughter with oily hair & skin, she tends to have breakouts on her face regularly and now I have started noticing that when she washes her hair or I wash her hair it has a sticky feel at the scalp and the first couple of inches of her hair are sticky also. We have made sure that all shampoo and conditioner has been washed out, It doesn't seem to feel sticky once it has been dried, but has the appearance of oily hair, but it is not oily. We do not use any kind of products on her hair and she and I use the same shampoo and conditioner. My hair has been fine! Have you ever heard of anything like this, several people have told me it may be hormonal. She has fully developed breasts and pubic hair, but has not started her period. Please help us if you can!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: hair that feels sticky when washed

Hopefully someone here will have experienced this.
Have you tried any type of clarifying shampoo? You could also ask your beautician; they may have run into this before. May also possibly be that her hair is dry and the washing in stripping it too much? That happened to me some years ago. My hair felt so ratty and my beautician had be use a serum for dry hair. Helped me lots.
Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

Alexandra321 HB User

Maybe all the oil wasn't cleaned out? You could try washing her hair for a second time at just the roots. Sometimes I do that when my hair is feeling very oily.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User

Lepner,

You may want to try to rinse your daughters hair with a vinegar rinse. Use white vinegar. Use a 2 to 1 with water, 2 parts vinegar and one part water and put about 2 tablespoons of baking powder in it. Mix well. I like to get a spray bottle mix it then spray it on my hair. Some people just like to dump it on their head. I dump on my hair when I get alot of buildup. It really works. If you spray it you can use it every day. It is not too harsh on the hair. I have very oily hair and that is the only thing that works.

Lookin

Closed Thread