It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
(male)

ArghUnwell HB User
MPB - Blonde hairs

Hi everyone,
I noticed my hairline receeding about 2 months ago, I have been using a laser brush for 1 month and rogaine regular strength for 2 weeks. I just buzzed my head and have noticed that my hairline has a lot of blonde hairs, now it seems to me these arnt from a shed. I would have to guess they are whats happening to my hair as my hairline isnt actually receeding like my friends are, its thinning in an area(MPB shape), I know it is from high DHT as it started when I started Arimidex(lowers estrogens, therefore raises DHT).
Whats confusing me is why are all these hairs blonde has anyone heard of this before?
And can someone recomend something to add other than finestride, propecia and avodart or any other systemic DHT inhibitors.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
(male)

Bin_man HB User
Re: MPB - Blonde hairs

I'm guessing you're not blonde already! It's probably not full-on blonde hairs, but slightly more light or colourless ones than you're used to. The reason for this is that it's the hair follicles that die over time. Before they fully close up, they shrivel and stop producing quality hair, and what you end up with is a lighter coloured thin variety of what you normally get. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Propecia's the only approved DHT inhibitor far as I know, though drugs like procerin do claim to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread