It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

simon122 HB User
Strange facial hair

Hi my problem is im a 27 year old male with very strange facial hair. I have a dark mustache and some chin hair but never seem to grow any at the sides. Its getting to the point now where shaving doesnt seem to do much as the stubble is very dark and even hairs under the skin are sometimes visable. I shave every day and my mustache seems to get thicker and thicker yet no more hair is growing elsewhere(actually it does but sooo sparsely and slowly). It really doesnt suit me and is really starting to affect my confidence and self esteem. Ideally i would prefer to grow some hair at the sides but failing that i would rather have none at all than the patchy effort i have now

Any advice from anyone would be welcome. Im at my wits end with it now!

Last edited by simon122; 11-29-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User
Re: Strange facial hair

Simon,

So glad to try to offer you some advice my brother.. Only men know the deep feeling and emotion involved with wanting to grow a proper beard. You sound almost exactly as I was when I was your age. Take heart in knowing that many, many men go through what you are exeperiencing, and that it's quite normal though not desired. I think it's safe to say that those of us who really want to grow a great looking beard want it as soon as we think we're old enought to have facial hair, and that's around the age of 16-17. Maybe we want our beards to be full and perfect right away. The thing is only a few men are blessed with the genetics to have full beards at a very young age, and most do not. I remember a guy I went to high school with that had a full healthy beard in high school. I remember being so envious of him..

What I'm trying to get around to saying is it looks like you are going to be like me, and that your beard will develop over a long period of time. I'm 43 years old now and kept my first beard at the age of 41. That is how long it took my beard to mature and to satisfy the eyes of its owner, and believe me, I'm a tough customer to please. I feel I know what looks alright and what doesn't. My advice to you is don't worry over what you can't grow because there is next to nothing you can do about it, it's a genetic thing. What you can do is grow and wear proudly what you can grow. Since you say your moustache is nice and thick, grow it out and wear it. Maybe grow a goatee also and sport that. But if your sides are weak don't even try to grow them out yet. Boast what you've got that's strong and hopefully over time you'll be able to grow a nice, healthy, thick full beard. Believe me I know what you feel concerning the intense desire that comes with wanting a nice full beard.

I've shared this with many, but some men have to work at cultivating their beards, and that takes time. Hopefully in a few years your sides will develop and you can acheive what you want. In the meantime be proud of what you can grow.

Best of luck to you.

-h

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
(male)

ranger42 HB User

Be happy with what you can grow! I'm 21 and I have the facial hair of a 14 year old going through puberty

Last edited by ranger42; 12-06-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
(male)

TanItalian HB User

at the rate im going, i probably wont be able to grow a beard til im 30, 23 now... it sucks

Last edited by TanItalian; 12-08-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Closed Thread