It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User
Results are in...AGA__Yikes!

The scalp biopsy came back female pattern baldness. Is Rogaine my only hope?

Can anyone with AGA give some advise? Have you ever had any regrowth of hair? or once it's gone it's gone? This is sooo depressing. Add another crazy syndrome/disease/genetic snaffu to my list of things that are statiscally not supposed to happen.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

PSusanp123 HB User
Re: Results are in...AGA__Yikes!

Try Saw Palmetto. It is an over the counter natural supplement that my Dr. suggested. I take two 160mg a day. Recently, it has been thought to suppress DHT that attacks hair follicles. (Originally recommended for men for prostate, suppressed too much testosterone) Also, make sure you wash your hair regularly to get rid of the excess oil which will contain the DHT. Use a volume increasing shampoo. I tried Rogaine and it didn't work for me. Instead I got increased facial hair, which went away when I discontinued the Rogaine. I take biotin, too.
I know how miserable this can be. I'm not sure about my hair loss even after the biopsy, but think it's telogen effluvium due to thyroid. Have you been tested for thyroid and low ferritin, iron?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread