It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

jbeverly HB User
i just colored my hair; how long before I can color it again

i just colored my hair and it looks black! How do I get it lighter again & how long do I have to wait to color it again? Thanks................................

Old 12-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

vsmom HB User
Re: i just colored my hair; how long before I can color it again

Well, color wont lift color.....so if you put a blonde on it..it won't lighten up. Box color is what they call progressive so the longer you leave it on and the more you color it, the darker it gets. There isn't anything you can put on the ends to make it lighter unless you strip the color out.
They do make products to strip out the color but it gets tricky. Do you have a stylist you can go see? If not, go to the beauty supply store and ask them what they have. When you strip the color it will be really warm...like orange or maybe even red. You'll then have to reapply some color. You'll want to go lighter than your desired level (or else it will be black again) and to counteract the warmth, you'll need something ash. Let me know if you'd like more details.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

jbeverly -

Regarding how long you should wait to color again, I would wait at least a month. I wouldn't do it any sooner than that, as it could be damaging, especially when trying to lighten it. Also, keep in mind that black fades fast so by the time you go to color it again, it shouldn't be too dark.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-26-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

Using a clarifying shampoo will also help in fading the color sooner. Since it removes build up of products, it also removes color over time. I know I don't use it when I color my hair because of this.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

vsmom HB User

Clarifyer....good idea! Maybe wait a while and then if it fades out nicely, next time just color your roots.....don't pull it thru the ends.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

DVS HB User

If you used Feria or Nice and Easy, you MUST WAIT or your hair will break off as soon as you apply bleach. I'm going through this exact situation. I dyed my hair "Brown" and it turned out BLACK . . . I went to my hair dresser and he said he couldn't lighten it, because I had used Nice and Easy. He said a great and economical way to get it to fade is to use Tide Detergent for clothes. The original powder kind. Only the original, and once you see a reasonable fade, then you can use Dawn Dish detergent . . just use the plain old dawn. I am going through this process now, and I can tell you that I've only washed my hair with the Tide about 4 times, because I'm pregnant and lazy, but my hair is already lighter . . . kinda like an auburn/brownish. I need to get on the ball, because I want to dye it a pretty honey color, but I need to fade it more first. Good Luck!!

Last edited by DVS; 12-30-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Closed Thread