It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
(male)

brando76 HB User
Question Hair Grows \ Scalp Itches \Then I Shave

Hey all,

I always shave my scalp for this reason but now I am trying to grow my hair back for the first time in three years.
It’s been 3 weeks and my scalp is already starting to itch on top. The doctor(Not the Dermatologist) told me in the past I have something called seborrheic dermatitis and gave me a prescription for ketoconazole & head & shoulders. Both of these shampoo medications don’t work for the itching but I continue to use the ketoconazole because I read somewhere it helps keep the hair you have from falling out but it has not been fda approved for that. Well my hair is thinning in the front top area and in the vortex area but I am not sure if it’s from the constant itching or "genetics" as they say.
I am noticing acne like bumps on top of my scalp, thinning hair but I don’t see flakes on my scalp or shoulders or falling/loose hair on my pillow or in the shower.

What does this sound like to you?
Also do you have any recommendations on shampoo for thinning hair that also soothes your scalp and does not stink? I have used the Nioxin System in the past but I ended up with a rash and my hair got thinner from it.
I am Italian so I have oily skin if that helps..

Thanks

Closed Thread