It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

murphy34 HB User
Scabs on my scalp

I am new to this problem. It started around September, when I got my hair highlighted/dyed. I have been reading around and I saw that dying your hair can cause this. But I'm not sure.. They are scabs that appear on my scalp .. Mostly on the top of my head and some on the sides. I have a bad habit of picking them. They bleed sometimes and ooze out this clear liquid.. I'm guessing its oils? They begin to itch if I leave them alone. People tell me just to stop picking at them and they will go away. I've tried, but no luck. I used to have a worse condition with them.. but now they are smaller scabs. I don't know what it is.. some people tell me it phorisis but I'm not sure.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
(female)

Diana M. HB User
Re: Scabs on my scalp

Scabies (very small insects) if really you mean it I can tell you that it don't affect adult scalp (affect scalp only in babies) in adults it affect mostly trunk & limbs & increase at night time.....I think you may be suffer from Lice not scabies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

bunsai63 HB User

Stop picking your scabs! Your hair with start coming out by the follicle if you do have psoriosis...I've suffered with it for years. My scalp gets patches of scab-like skin that feel oily and itch like crazy when I sweat. I don't want to sound gross, but if you have these symptoms, go to a dermatologist so s/he can diagnosis you and get you the right medication. Best of luck!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

Cenacrazed54 HB User

I had the same exact problem as you even with the clear liquid and itching and they went away after a year

Closed Thread