It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

GiggleBugs HB User
How do i get rid of split ends?????

i have so much split ends at the end of my hair. i would go get a trim at the hair salon but when i come home to check my hair there is still alot of split ends left over. how can i get rid of them?, which shampoo should i use that will help me out..?, the shampoo i use is pantieprob i think its called and also sometimes i use sunsilk the pink,blue bottle.

also i have frizzy hair

HELP!!! lol

Last edited by GiggleBugs; 01-11-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: How do i get rid of split ends?????

There is no way to get rid of split ends aside from having them cut off. Do you have layered hair? Maybe when you are getting trims not all of the hair is being cut because of this. Shampoos that say they mend split ends actually are kind of like a "glue". It's just putting a band aid on the problem.
Talk with your hairdresser about this. She should be able to advise you as to what steps to take to help your problem.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

vsmom HB User

Caring mom is right. But, try Sealed Ends by Bonacure. Its a really light product that you blow dry in. It really makes your hair feel much better but is is kind of a band aid product. Because your hair is frizzy, are you blow drying it to death creating the split ends?? Is it curly enough to wear curly?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I have really thick hair and what I've found is that when the stylist gets out those darned thinning shears to layer my hair, she hashes the ends. I leave the salon looking fine <BECAUSE> she straightens and shellacs it with all kinds of product. But a day later, after washing my hair, I notice the same thing. I really need to find a stylist who doesn't rely so much on those darned shears and get more of a precision cut.

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-22-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
(female)

VamosV HB User

Hye girl, I used to have the exact same problem with my split ends and it really kept from growing my hair nice and long <BECAUSE> i had to keep getting these tiny trims.

First you want to find out whats causing your split ends and i will tell you some preventative measures you can take to keep from them coming back. Remember that once the hair is split, it will continue to split all the way up the hair shaft. This is why when you get a trim, you still see many splits. Also if you have layers, the shorter sections of hair are going to be harder to manage. Basically ive tried some of these tricks to prevent splits.

1) When you condition your hair and you have it nice and lathered, rinse it out with cold water instead of hot.
2) When towel drying your hair be VERY gentle. Hair is extremely elastic and vulnerable when it is wet, so just lightly pat it with your towel. I used to vigorously dry my hair, BIG mistake.
3) When you brush out your hair, only use a wide tooth comb.
4) If you tie your hair up, do not use a band that has that metal piece on it
5) Be careful when undoing a ponytail, do it gently and slowly. Hair often gets caught in those little knots and causes dead ends and splits.
6) I know those thick cloth scrunchies are not very fashionable but these work great at not keeping your hair so tight and scrunched.

Try these, im telling you, you'll see less of them.

As for products to try, i HIGHLY recommend "Loreal Ineral Hair Fixer". This stuff is amazing, it contains amino acids and proteins which penetrate the hair shaft. You can find a lot of info online about this product and its not expensive at all! About 6-8 dollars. Good luck!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-04-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread