Re: How do i get rid of split ends?????
Hye girl, I used to have the exact same problem with my split ends and it really kept from growing my hair nice and long <BECAUSE> i had to keep getting these tiny trims.
First you want to find out whats causing your split ends and i will tell you some preventative measures you can take to keep from them coming back. Remember that once the hair is split, it will continue to split all the way up the hair shaft. This is why when you get a trim, you still see many splits. Also if you have layers, the shorter sections of hair are going to be harder to manage. Basically ive tried some of these tricks to prevent splits.
1) When you condition your hair and you have it nice and lathered, rinse it out with cold water instead of hot.
2) When towel drying your hair be VERY gentle. Hair is extremely elastic and vulnerable when it is wet, so just lightly pat it with your towel. I used to vigorously dry my hair, BIG mistake.
3) When you brush out your hair, only use a wide tooth comb.
4) If you tie your hair up, do not use a band that has that metal piece on it
5) Be careful when undoing a ponytail, do it gently and slowly. Hair often gets caught in those little knots and causes dead ends and splits.
6) I know those thick cloth scrunchies are not very fashionable but these work great at not keeping your hair so tight and scrunched.
Try these, im telling you, you'll see less of them.
As for products to try, i HIGHLY recommend "Loreal Ineral Hair Fixer". This stuff is amazing, it contains amino acids and proteins which penetrate the hair shaft. You can find a lot of info online about this product and its not expensive at all! About 6-8 dollars. Good luck!!
Last edited by ms_mod; 02-04-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod