It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

yogi24m HB User
Why is my hair thinning so fast????

Im a 24 year old male. I noticed in the last 2 months that my hair has thinned significantly especially in the front region. I went on vacation in october and could use hair gell no problem, now my hair on the front of my head has thinned so that u can just see right to my scalp. If i grab some hair and tug a bit hair just pulls right out, is that normal with male pattern baldness. It looks that there is hardly no root at all if any. I have been weightlifting and eating fast food, but i did the same in college and it didnt seem to bother me. Is it normal for my hair to thin so dramatically within months. Im just worried cause if it keeps up i would say all the hair in the frontal part of my head will be gone in less than a year.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
(female)

gina1064 HB User
Re: Why is my hair thinning so fast????

I would definetely change your eating habits...it's a start. I've written this a few times so far but I just stopped all dairy and it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. For the first time in the last few years I can sleep through the night without back, neck and wrist pain. It got so bad my hand felt broken and nothing worked, not even a physical therapist. I have to pinch myself cause I'm so blown away! So, you may just be deficient in some important minerals or something. When you begin investigating, you'll find something I'm sure. Don't worry, I bet I'd feel worse as a women if I lost my hair. At least you can shave it! I know, it's not something you'd necessarily welcome...hope you find something there-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Yogi, are you taking any type of medications? Many of them can cause hairloss. Other possibilities are that maybe you have a problem with your thyroid or that you're deficient in iron. A fast food diet isn't the healthiest way to eat, as you probably already know. You should definitely see a doctor and have some blood work done to determine the cause.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
(male)

yogi24m HB User

The only medication that i took was some nystatin/triamcinolone cream for some eggsima that i had. I did start taking a suppliment called no-xplode and when i started some heavy lifting about 2 months ago. I was not on any vitamins at the time and i was eating crappy. Also i have noticed that i am always scratching at my scalp and i do get a pimple like thing every once and awhile. seems that i can tug on eyebrows, arm pitt hairs and also get some to come out. What else would cause such a big change in the thickness of my hair in less than 2 months?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
(male)

yogi24m HB User

How do i know if i have a problem with my thyroid? What are the symptoms. I have noticed lack of breath when i try and work out, lack of ambition, seems like im always tired, been getting sick more than usual, seems like my hair isnt growing as fast.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

There are symptoms that one can exhibit from having either a hyper or hypothyroid. However, the only way to truly know if your thyroid is out of whack is to get a blood test at the doctor. By the way, I'm not familiar with that supplement, was it steroid-based? Steroids can cause hairloss.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-03-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Closed Thread