It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
(male)

salz HB User
Dermis Papilla

I read that when old hair in catagen or telogen stage, it will will shed but the Dermis Papilla will remain in the scalp or follicle right?
It will takes time for it to form another new hair which will then be in anagen stage.

However, will there be any chance that the Dermis Papilla is taken out or destroyed?
Will our body reproduce another Dermis Papilla?
Or will our dermis Papilla be lost forever and thus the follicle doesn't grow any more hair?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Dermis Papilla

I'm not sure, but do know if you lose a lot of your hair due to things like anemia or thyroid issues then once corrected your hair will grow back. If you lose it due to certain hormonal issues it can maybe be corrected if caught early enough, but if hair loss is left for too long then the hair folicle can die off eg: men who bald end up with those super fine downy hairs or hairs which you need a magnifying glass to see due to the folicle dying off the hair grows back finer and finer till you can barely see it or it becomes nonexistent.

With conditions such as long periods of low iron and particularly anemia there isn't enough iron for correct hair growth so hair falls out in greater amounts and either doesnt grow back or has difficulty in growing back until you correct your iron defficiency. Also with thyroid conditions, once you begin taking med's for it people normally find their hair growth self corrects.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Dermis Papilla. It's better to find out what is causing hair loss and get it corrected ASAP. The sooner you do something about hair the better. The longer you leave it the longer it takes to correct or might not be possibe to correct back to it's original state.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
(male)

salz HB User

I went to my dermatologist this monday and after lab analysis of my hair and fallen scales, she diagnosed that I am suffering Seborrheic dermatitis after using Minoxidil for the whole mth in November last yr...
I just hope I can recover from Seborrheic dermatitis as soon as possible...
I had stopped Minoxidil use after november last yr... It had been quite some time already... I just hope to cure the Seborrheic dermatitis as soon as possible...

She prescribed me with 2.5% Selenium Sulfate shampoo and Betamethasone lotion..
She told me to use the medicated shampoo daily and apply the Betamethasone lotion daily...

I can only hope now

Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

What are you using the Minoxidil for? I'm not sure whether you are male or female, but my gp, many years ago, prescribed one of those hair restorer lotion type things due to me shedding too much hair, but mine was due to low iron stores. I was fortunate the chemist advised me not to buy it and to find out the real cause of my hair thinning.

A lot of doctors simply prescribe hair restorers to women when they see they are thinning or losing hair on the crown area. Depending on the females age, often the hair thinning or loss at the crown when a female has not started or gone through menopause is brought on by another illness and this should be treated rather than simply attempting to cover the problem by using one of these hair restorer products.

I'm aware that for males it's different and if their hair loss is not due to an actual illness that often the only things left are these hair restorers or hair transplants. I have read that there can be side effects and it can likely be harsh on your scalp too. Have you looked at perhaps switching brands?

Old 02-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
(male)

salz HB User

I had Alopecia Areata that time, I heard Minoxidil can promote hair growth and so I asked my doctor whether I can use Minoxidil on my whole scalp as a precaution, he said go ahead...
I regretted using Minoxidil then... I am a 25 yr old male...
I had stopped using Minoxidil after using it for the whole month ov november last yr...

Now I just hope to recover from the skin irritation or inflammation.....
And pray to god for my hair to grow back

Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sounds as though it was too strong or your skin reacted to a chemical ingredient and it has burnt/irritated the top most layer of the skin on your scalp. You might want to try using a type of natural moisturising type product on your scalp. In some pharmacies their are skin moisturisers made from natural vitamin E eg: avocado. You could gently rub this onto the affected area, then put a towel or cloth on your pillow and then use a gentle hair shampoo, perhaps one which is chemical free so as not to make the problem worse, until your skin gets to recover.

I have even hear of people using olive oil on their scalp to condition it. You could try this. It wouldn't be harmful anyway and olive oil is a natural source of vitamin E also, which is excellent for your skin. You don't have anything to lose so i would say it's worth a try.

Best of luck and hope you recover soon

Old 02-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #7
(male)

salz HB User

i hope i can recover too...
i'm praying to god everyday..

it had hurted my self esteem

Closed Thread