It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

Breaking HB User
Waxing ENTIRE pubic area..... bad idea?

I usually shave off all of my pubic hair but it gets so itchy when it starts to grow back. I've tried Nair before and although i had no bad effects from it (rashes or redness) the hair didnt come away very easily. So i've decided to try waxing. Is there anyone here who has waxed down there before, and not just the main area but underneath as well? I dont care how much it hurts, i just dont want to irritate my skin. Are there any good products i can get that arent too expensive and are sold at regular stores?

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-15-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: Waxing ENTIRE pubic area..... bad idea?

If you've never done a complete wax on yourself, don't attempt it until you've had a pro do it a time or 2. Too much margin for error. Irritation is a possibility with waxing. You can have an allergic reaction. Do it yourself-ers tend to get a lot of bruising.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

Breaking HB User

well i dont really want to get it done professionally, would it be a good idea to first try it somewhere on my body thats less sensitive and see what happens? For example my legs, so if i do mess up it will be less embarrassing and painful... but i doubt i would get an alergic reaction, i've never been alergic to anything and i'm always trying alot of dif. types of products and i've never had any bad side effects before, plus i dont have sensitive skin.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-16-2008 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 02-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Smile Re: Waxing ENTIRE pubic area..... bad idea?

I have always had great luck with waxing at salons, but not doing at home. I have done more damage to my skin. I have burnt my skin with Nair, I have bruised my legs so badly from trying to wax at home. I also just don't get enough hair off when trying to wax myself, and it hurts too much. So , for me waxing, it is not worth it to do it at home. By the time, I buy the kit, and the time and pain, I have caused myself, I could have gone to a salon or spa and had it done. I suggest saving up and having it done at a salon or spa. Maybe then once you have had it done once or twice, watched them doing it, then you can try it at home. Good luck!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
(female)

quinnersmom HB User

I just had a Brazillion wax done yesturday. YES it hurts but it is so worth it.
I do have a little red bumps today but she said it should go away. I was totallly comfortable with her. She does them all the time.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #6
(female)

desertgirl HB User

I would not recommend trying to wax your pubic area by yourself. I have had it done professionally several times, and figured I could do it myself. I was SO wrong. I got the kind of strips that already have the wax on them, and you warm them by rubbing them between your hands before you apply them. Well, I followed the directions to a "t" and when I went to rip off the strip, I ripped off a good inch of my skin as well. I had disgusting scabs down there for about a week and a half (it was a deep cut so it took a while to heal).

Like an idiot, months later, I got microwave wax to do my legs on my own. This time I didn't tear off skin... I just burned the poo out of my leg! I will never at home wax again!

I have since either had my bikini waxing done professionally or switched to a hair removal cream. Electric razors also do a good job, because they cut the hair very close to the skin, but there is no itchy re-growth because it hasn't been cut below the skin.

Closed Thread