It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

zoey101 HB User
I got a perm today big mistake!!

I already washed it twice to loose some of the curls it diddent work what now???

Old 02-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

vsmom HB User
Re: I got a perm today big mistake!!

wash it with Pert Plus. I don't even know if they make it anymore but it has chemicals that mimic perm solution in it and will majorly relax the curl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

heady8676 HB User
Re: I got a perm today big mistake!!

Do what people with naturally curly hair do. Moisture makes the hair curl if that is its nature. When you strech damp curly hair around a large brush or wrap it on a large roller and then dry it, it is smoother and takes the shape of the brush or roller. Be aware that even the slightest amount of moisture has to be gone. Dig out the heat rollers and set your hair on the largest size. If it is too "big" when you are done, Brush it flat to your head and cover it with a scarf, tied under your chin. Get away from the mirror for 10 minutes. Let your body heat get to the roots. You can also let it dry naturally without moving it. Moving curly hair while it drys makes it bigger and wilder. After shampooing and while rincing, comb the tangles out. Put your towel on your head and press the excess water out. Use a setting gel or lotion, and carefully distribute it through your hair. Pinch up the amount of desired wave into your hair. Then don't let it move while it drys. It might take an hour or so, it depends on the thickness and the length of your hair. It will feel crisp when it is dry. Squeeze it to make sure there is no more moisture in it. When it is completely dry, break up the stiffness of the jel with a drop of botanical oil that you have massaged into your hands. If you haven't moved it while it dried, it should actuall shine. Hang in there!

Closed Thread