It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Re: hirsutism. definitely a 'hair problem'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS75 View Post
Ellie- Doctors offices keep a patients records for many, many years. They WILL have copies of your previous labs all you have to do is ask (it may save you money and time). You could even have them send a copy of your record to the endocrinologist of your choice. I live in a mid to large sized city, there are only a handfull of Endocrinologists here and it takes a long time to get into one (months). Where I live, they require a referral (whether your insurance does or not). Most endocrinologists should accept insurance. I would call first to verify, though.
Thanks!
I'm going to call an internal medicine/endocrinology center tomorrow and ask for an appointment first, see what they have to say. The first time I went to my primary doctor he sent me to a hospital to take a bunch of tests that were "normal." He didn't even call me back to tell me anything about my results till I called him a few weeks later. My primary doctor is not very reliable. My mom goes to him and the last time she had MRIs done they "lost" a couple of them for a while.
I'd rather just get the tests redone... who knows, maybe some of my hormone levels have changed (last time I had them tested was about 3 years ago).

I also live in a mid size city and there are maybe 15 endocrinologists but they mostly specialize in thyroid/diabetes so I don't know how helpful they're going to be. I hope I can get an appointment in the internal medicine center soon since that seems like the best place to go... who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get an appointment soon. And I knwo for a fact that this place accepts my insurance since they're listed in my participating provider directory.

Lets hope I can get an appointment soon.
Thanks again to both of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Re: hirsutism. definitely a 'hair problem'

So I just called the internal medicine center not long ago and set an appointment. They seem to deal with all sorts of issues since it is an endocrinology center so I don't think that this doctor is going to be as clueless as my regular one was.

I almost got really lucky because I called and the woman I talked to said that she could squeeze me in tomorrow afternoon since they had a cancellation. Unfortunately the computer wouldn't let her because apparently someone else was scheduling that appointment at the same time ... huge disappointment since I could have got this problem taken care of so quickly.
She scheduled me for the next available date - July 11! Soooooo far from now. I gotta wait two months! But I figure two more months is nothing compared to the 6 years I've deal with this annoying problem.
I hope they can figure it all out and that my problems don't get worse by July (lately it's been worse for some reason... hair growing quicker and spreading and it doesn't make sense).

Anyway, I'm glad I did this. Thanks for your encouragement! I really appreciate all the input.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 05-14-2008 at 07:53 AM.

Closed Thread