It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
(male)

acne_free HB User
hair and mayo , for dry hair?

hey guys so my hair gets really dry when i wash it with all types of shampoos. Now my hair feels a lot better a day after i wash it and is managable. I have heard that putting mayo on your hair before washing it (with shampoo) is a good thing. My question is this, will this thing help me with the problem i have with shampoos? wouldnt it be better to add the mayo after you shampoo your hair?

Old 03-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User
Re: hair and mayo , for dry hair?

I have used the mayo and it works great.

The mayo is very oily so you will need to shampoo after rinsing the mayo out. If not, your hair will be too oily plus it might still smell like mayo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
(male)

acne_free HB User

hey guys so i did it and it worked good and some didn't. so i put the mayo on my wet hair with a plastic bag covering my head and then a towel on top of it. the mayo was not warm .i let it chilling for about 20 minutes then i took a shower and rinsed my hair with water and then shampooed it . When i got out of the shower i dried my hair with my towel and then as time went on i noticed my hair wasnt dry like it usually is but it did feel puffy like. It might be the shampoo. what i did notice was that my hair did feel a little oily this morning when i woke up. My question is, do i need a shampoo for oily hair when washing the mayo out? how many times do i have to do this? I usually wash my hair with shampoo twice a week. laters.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User

Washing with regular shampoo should be fine and the day you use the mayo, you should not need any conditioner.

Using the mayo about once a week as a deep conditioner should be good.

I used it on my daughter. It made her hair so shiney and bouncey. I have even had people at her school ask me if I highlighted her hair. It brought out the natural highlights.

Closed Thread