It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

jthsm7 HB User
Hairs on nose

Hi guys

I'm a teenager (male) with noses on my hair. I already have very oily skin on my nose and forehead, and after reading through the forum I'm guessing the reason I started to get hairs on my nose was because of the rubbing..

Anyway, when I noticed the hairs at first ran my razor over them and that seemed to do the trick then a few weeks later I began to notice them again so I used the razor again. Nowadays it's weird I only seem them if there is sunlight shining on the mirror, which makes them look really big or otherwise in normal light but looking very close. To be honest I'm not sure how visible they are to others, but they are visible enough for me to see them and that is bad enough.

So far I have tried Jolen wax strips on them and I don't think that helped at all as there was no hairs on the strips after using, possibly the hairs on nose were too small? And exactly the same with the Biore strips, no hair on them too.. You might say they are not hairs but blackheads, but they are definitely hairs!

Is there any other advice?

Thankyou

Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: Hairs on nose

Just like popping zits on the nose can be a big problem with infection, so can pulling out the hairs. Electrolysis can remove the hairs permanently. If the hairs are coarse and dark, laser hair removal is also an option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

You are a little young for nose hairs but if not now you will get them when you are like 50 or so also. You did not get them from rubbing your nose or anything else...they just grew there. Shaving them off will not get rid of them...they are just part of whiskers and you will have to keep shaving them or plucking them out with tweezers. Doesn't matter which way you do it they have roots and the only way to permanently remove them is to have Electrolysis which you need to go to someone professional for that. Men and some women have hair growing out the top of the nose. so just include you nose in your daily shaving routine or whatever your morning routine is.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Actually, rubbing the nose frequently, even multiple sunburns on the nose can stimulate the hair to grow. It is not at all uncommon to see this on young people who've had a lot of allergies and itchy noses or people who spend a lot of time outside without wearing sunscreen. Friction can stimulate hair growth. It's the body's way of preventing skin damage from the friction. It's very common to see this reaction when removing a cast from an arm or leg. It can be almost like fur where the cast had been. The constant rubbing signals the body to grow hair to help prevent the cast from chaffing the skin. Stimulated growth like this is also seen in children who habitually bite or suck on their own arm in the same area. You will see a patch of hair grow in the pattern of the child's mouth in the spot they always suck on.

Closed Thread