It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
anyone have hair extensions??

I have decided to finally get hair extensions. I am just so confused about which ones are best for me human or synthetic?? I know that human lasts longer but the synthetic ones are already curled which is a plus for me and they are much less expensive. I think I want the clip in kind not the sew in or glue type. That way I could get a couple of different styles and change them. I got a haircut that is horrible and the back of my hair takes forever to grow out but not the top and sides. Anyone use hair extensions and did you like human or synthetic better?? And is clip in or glue in better I am worried glue in might be hard on my hair. Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

albiesgirl HB User
Re: anyone have hair extensions??

I had the glue in extensions. Loved them the first month. Then what happens is when your hair sheds the shedding is tangled around the glue. I took great care, used the right camel hairbrush but I missed using a wide tooth comb and then combing of my hair after a shower. You have to make sure your head is dry or the hair may "mold" by your scalp. I used a blow dryer on low setting this way it untangled the hair with my fingers. I don't know if I would go back to extensions. I started wearing wigs and loved them. Blending my own hair around the outside of the wigs, no one knew they were wigs until I told them.

You know if you can afford to have the extensions go to a good salon and have them done. I paid $1300.00 for mine and got 6 months of long beautiful hair.

Now taking them out is another story. My advice is to shampoo your head with Head and Shoulders shampoo before you go and have them removed. There's something in H&S that lossen the glue for easier removal. Plan on at least 5 to 6 hrs in a salon chair.

I think my next try will be a weave, not the weave with a cap but the corn row your hair and sew the tracks in. Glue extensions when the wind blows you can see the attachments. UCK!

Good luck and let me know what you think

J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread