It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

Living2BWell HB User
Question Horrible Itchy Head!

My head gets horribly itchy. I mean, I scratch and scratch and I get scabs and bleed; I never had this problem before, actually I've always had oily problems, but over the last five or six months maybe, it's been unbearable. I have changed shampoo, conditioner, I have used leave in conditioner, I have washed my hair more - and less - and changed just about everything I can think of, but I still end up itchy and raw. It drives me nuts, any thoughts?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User
Re: Horrible Itchy Head!

sounds like psoriasis of the scalp. I have the same thing. It took me a few years to figure out what is was, too embarassed to ask the dr. (dumb, I know). I fight it daily and sometimes it is under control and sometimes not so much. For me it is like a battle! First, go to your dr. or dermatologist. There are shampoo's that help, some are tar based like Neutrogena.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
(male)

English only HB User

hi had the same problem. i used ALPHOSYL its avaible in chemists in england you must have simalar over there its works after a few wks i forgot about it completly .use every other day like normal shampoo

Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

Jena50 HB User

I have had an ichy scalp too . i use a natual Shampoo and that helps . I also color my hair too . I used an oil treatment that helped . I thought it was from coloring my gray hair . It is better now , but a dr would be a good idea if it continues . I did talk to my hairdresser and she suggested a dr too.

I hope you feel better soon. It does get on your nerves when your scalp drives you nuts .

Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Hummmm? are you on medicines of any kind?...pain medicines are notorious for making skin itch especially on the scalp. Have you moved to a place with a different tap water source? Perhaps the water source has changed or added chemicals to purify water? Then of course there are foods that you might be allergic to. I guess you should think back to when this all started and think about what was different. What type of bedding do you use perhaps you have a bad case of bedbugs or head lice ..anyone from all walks of life can get catch head lice no matter how clean you are so perhaps you need to go to the dermatologist to determine? ...if you don't want to go a doctor then do some research on head lice and do a treatment with the over the counter head lice ointment. Of course there is a whole procedure if you do have head lice...you have to strip the bed linens and wash and hats or whatever your head touches. So good luck!

Closed Thread