It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
(female)

Jemmi2005 HB User
Help before I'm bald !!!

I can't afford to lose anymore from the front of my hairline. It keeps creeping back further and is leaving short fine wisps. I keep hoping that they will regrow but they don't. I am in my fifties and do have alot of grey which I regularly color. I have also been having alot of issues with my fingernails and surrounding skin this past year too. Vertical ridges, thinning to the point of seethrough tips, shape distortion, chipping. My skin also peels regularly from under the nail. I think my fingerprints are gone the pads are that smooth. Anyone know if this could be helped nutritionally? I admit I'm not the best in that department.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 AM   #2
(male)

gb1978 HB User
Re: Help before I'm bald !!!

I would say it is likely to be from lack of nutrition, if you are not getting enough Zinc and Vitamin C in your diet.

Another two important nutrients are Biotin and Silica. But i would seek professional advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

dolly86 HB User

do you drink enough water? I had a friend who had the same problem with his finger nails and the skin peeling so he went to th doctor and they told him it was from lack of water, he hardly ever drank water and would drink caffeine like there was no tomorrow. he was also missing alot of nutrients so they send him home with a bunch of vitamins.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

When was the last time you had a physical exam with blood work? If you haven't had your thyroid tested or your hormone level checked I would suggest you do that. Your hair loss can be caused by many things and the biggest thing is hereditary. And of course Stress. Good luck.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Have you had your thyroid checked? The place to start is with the doctor and some blood tests to see what is going on inside. Then you would have a basis to work from. Right now you have no idea of what to treat if you don't have a cause for it. In the end it might be Hereditary and that's the way things will be but first find out if your thyroid is healthy it can cause all the problems you have mentioned.

Closed Thread