It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

missylala HB User
Unhappy Spmething on my hair and scalp!!

A friend of mine went to the Dr. and they said she had a bacterial and fungal infection (tinea capitis) and they gave her some meds. It didnt work to say the least but now I am experiencing the same thing she is. My scalp always seems to be itchy, crusty, and i have little red sores or bumps that hurt. If I scratch my head with my nails, I always feel fine gritty stuff underneathe them, I first noticed it around my templesand along the hair line in the front and especially around the ears. Now it has spread to all over the scalp and I also have seen what looks like brown blotches (like age spots on older people) They are different in shape and size and when I scrape over them lightly with fingernail, it takes away a few layers but never completely removes them. Ive lost so much hair and it has broken off around the temples and whats left of it is white or gray in color. Ive tried Nizoral and it seems it works and feels slightly better but the very next day the build up is back and slowly gettting worse. Im scared something is really wrong. Ive always have had long fine thin hair but not like this. please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User
Re: Spmething on my hair and scalp!!

I would go to a doctor ASAP. I looked up the tinea capitis and it is very contagious and needs to be treated with meds for it to get better and to keep the hair loss from becoming permanent. If this is what you have you got it from your friend. I am sorry you are both going through this but you need treatment. If your friend had a bad reaction to her meds she should contact her doctor or pharmacist to talk about trying a different medicine. Don't let your friends experience scare you from getting treated, no two people are the same and your reaction to anything will depend on your body. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
(male)

NJtoMaine HB User
Re: Spmething on my hair and scalp!!

I had something very similar, I believe. Though I never had brown spots, I did have a white milky like substance build up. My scalp also burned and itched, and when I itched it would get red and sore for a bit.
I used a shampoo you can get without a prescription called T-Gel. I also used a topical cream that was prescribed, for the life of me I cant remember the name of it Im very sorry bout that. And the milky white build up went away.

I'm not sure if it is the same problem. But it sounds similar, perhaps trying the T-Gel shampoo might help? I would definitely go see your physician.

Closed Thread