It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

Felicia78 HB User
ingrown facial hairs and scarring

I am a 30 year old female who suffers from ingrown hairs and facial scarring. I have been shaving to get rid of facial hair for years and it is a major inconvenience. Not to mention the fact that I hate taking pictures or doing anything that brings attention to my face.Does anyone know of any inexpensive ways or homeremedies to fix this? Please help!

Old 06-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: ingrown facial hairs and scarring

I had electrolysis done some years ago. The hairs have never grown back.

I had a few very fine, slightly dark-ish hairs which my mother made a negative comment about. I began bleaching those hairs, which made them course and yellow, which was far WORSE than they had been originally. I didn't know what to do, so began tweezing and then i began tweezing hairs which were not even dark. I just wanted to get rid of every hair in that spot. I became a real psychological issue and i couldn't believe my mother, of all people, could have made such a comment.

Years later i became friends with a lady who did electrolysis and she worked on me every second week and within a few months i was virtually done. She was also working on some girls who had very unfortunate hair issues, virtually their entire face was covered in hair which they were shaving/tweezing. She did their entire jawline, neck, chin, upper lip, the lot easily within a year at the very most.

I know laser is popular these days, but i don't know anything about that or the success rate as my friend was getting ex-laser people coming to her saying laser did nothing for them and that included men who were getting back hair done.

It's your choice as to what you would like to try, but the sooner you do something about it the sooner you will be rid of this problem and can begin enjoying your life fully. My problem was only a tiny, tiny one compared to some people i see out and about, but i felt as though the entire world saw it. I'm glad today that i went ahead with the electrolysis and i've even had my bikini line done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread