It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

asr241 HB User
hairy chin and jaw line

what is the best solution for hair removal? i have plucked and shaved will this make hair growth worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User
Re: hairy chin and jaw line

Yes, it will. Waxing will make it grow back fine and light. But it can leave 100% smooth skin in sharp contrast to the rest of the peach fuzz that grows on your face. A process known as threading may be your best option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: hairy chin and jaw line

Shaving will not, cannot make the hair worse. All shaving does to a hair is make it shorter. Shaving does not affect the germ cells in the dermal papilla.

Waxing female facial hair-beard area-brows are excluded-can and usually does make the growth worse. Facial hair is controlled by androgen/testosterone, male hormones. When you tweeze, wax, thread, or by any other means, forcibly yank a hair out of the skin, you are ripping the hair from it's blood supply, the dermal papilla. Your body sees that action as an injury. As with any injury, the body is going to repair the injury. With repeated injury, the body will actually start to defend itself from future injuries. So, when you yank out that hair, blood rushes in to repair the dermal papilla. If you have excess androgen/testosterone flowing through your blood, and you probably do since you feel the need to remove facial hair, then that dermal papilla has just received a large dose of fertilizer. Over time, the body makes the hair coarser, deeper, and sometimes distorts the follicle, in attempts to prevent you from ripping out more hairs.

It's an old wives tale that waxing makes the hair finer and lighter. Women that waxed their legs notice that after years of waxing, the hairs become finer and lighter. So of course it must be due to the waxing, right? Wrong. Women who have never waxed their legs will also notice their leg hair becoming finer and lighter. The real reason is the aging process. As we age, the blood circulation to the extremedies lessens. Even in our 30's, blood circulation is much lower than in our teens and early 20's. Lower blood circulation=fewer hormones (all hairs are nourished by hormones) reaching the hair follicles=finer and lighter hair.

To permanently get rid of the hair, you will need electrolysis. Laser may be a possibility. Shaving, clipping, depilatories (aka chemical shave) are the best temporary methods.

Closed Thread