It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

rosalinta HB User
Hair after Chemo and Radiation!!!!!

I had to go through chemo which made me lose all my hair. But then i had to go through radiation, which focused on the mid-section of my head. it's been almost year since it has started to grow. Its four inches long, not bad. but it's not full. i use the shampoo/condition and the cream NUTRI-OX. It really helped my hair grow fast. it would have been half of what it is now and not as full. if i go out, there is no problem in the way i style it. but when i try to part it in the middle its still a little weak. does anyone know really good shampoo or even hair transplant for women.

another question that i couldn't find the answere to was if it were possible to preform hair transplant on a scar. because i have no hair growing on mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: Hair after Chemo and Radiation!!!!!

Hi Rosa,

I don't have any info - just support. My aunt and mother are both cancer survivors. My aunt under went chemo - when her hair first came back it was sparse and thin but it began to get thicker and thicker until she had hair thicker than mine! =) It just took time.

I would think that it would work on a scar. My brother and I were watching some procedure on video once about hair transplants. If I remember right, I think that they can "create" a folicle but I'm not sure. You could try emailing a hair transplant office and ask them. They will know and it will save the trouble of having to call around.

God bless and congrats on the new hair - thick or thin!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-14-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary information. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread