It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

beccywalsh21 HB User
Help!!!!

Hi,

About 12 months ago I was attacked from behind and during this I had a very large amount of hair ripped out, the largest patch being approx 5.5” by 6”, along with several smaller patches. The hair that was pulled out was pulled out in clean lumps, the scalp was smooth and not stubbly at all. At first, the doctors feared, that due to it being smooth, all of the roots had been pulled out and the hair would not grow back. Thankfully, the majority of the hair started to grow back about 4 months later, although some patches have never grown at all.

The hair that has grown, was really weak and fluffy at first but got stronger after a little while, it is now about 3 inches long. During the last 3 months I have had awful trouble with sore, irritated scalp, scabs forming in the area that the hair was removed, and short sharp shooting pains and the feeling of the hair actually coming out again.

This last month, the hair has started falling out again and I am starting to get large bald patches again, but also in different areas on my scalp than that was pulled out. My hair has gone really thin and horrible all over and I can feel my scalp through the hair that is left. Please please please can someone give me some advice as I really don’t want all of this to fall out again and some advise on how I can make my hair stronger. I have tried speaking to my doctor but he is overall very unsympathetic and is unable to offer me any guidance at all to help. I know stress can aggravate this but I cant help but panic when I am 23 and nearly bald.

Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
(female)

trulee unique HB User
Re: Help!!!!

Hi BeccyWalsh21,

I noticed you haven't gotten a reply so I thought I 'd try and help . Now the only thing I can think of is something called Alopecia ( for those spots that you didn't have hair ripped out of ) . I believe stress can be a factor . <BY THE WAY>I 'm really sorry that happened to you .. it must have been painful and scary . Umm I believe some hairdressers may be familliar with this condition and I'm sure they can offer some suggestions on how to care for all of your hair and scalp . Hope this helps
take care and good luck !

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
(female)

beccywalsh21 HB User
Re: Help!!!!

Hi, Thank you! i will book to she the hairdresser and see what she can do.someone has suggested to me about using menthol shampoo to help stimulate the folicles? it was very painful, and it happened 6 months before my wedding to so we had to cancel it all!
thank you
Rebecca

Closed Thread