It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #1

abdi22 HB User
need help softening hair

what makes hair soft if it is hard?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: need help softening hair

Why is your hair hard? Is it due to chemicals in your hair from too much dying or other treatments you have put in your hair?

Some people can have harder/stronger hair than others. My hair texture is more like my dads side of the family, rather than my mother. My hair was always so baby soft and silky and nothing i did would change that. My mothers hair was always stronger and somewhat 'harder' although it was shiny, but nowhere near the softness of my hair.

Some people get dry and brittle hair which makes it appear hard. This can be due to overtreating hair with too many products or dyes. It can also be due to illness. People with certain vitamin/mineral deficiencies or with thyroid problems can end up with dry, brittle and lifeless hair.

If your hair is healthy, but the texture is hard, then it could be a genetic or cultural thing too. People from different countries have different hair types.

Sometimes conditioning hair treatments which you leave in for a while can soften hair too.

Maybe if you give more information the people on the board can help you out a lot more too.

Last edited by Audrey-B; 08-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread