It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

bhenku123 HB User
24 and going Bald.....

Hi,
I am new to this site, i was searching for some answers to my hair loss problem and found this website. So hoping that i would get some valuable advice.

My hair loss started as early as when i was 15 maybe. I had thick curly hair...so thick that nobody liked to even comb it because their hands would hurt trying to remove the knots in my hair...but everybody admired it.
Then all of a sudden my hair started falling off and immediately there was noticeable difference in thickness. Then i didnot worry so much in fact i was a little happy because then i thought i am loosing all the extra hair i had. Yrs passed by and this hair loss continued.... and my hair became thinner and thinner..... but there was no noticeable scalp showing. So i was never worried.
When i was 22(4 yrs back) I came to this country(Florida,USA) for education reasons. Since then there has been an exponential increase in my hair loss. Within 4yrs i lost most of the hair and now i look as if i am going bald. Now you can actually see my scalp and there is no way i can hide it. I dont fashion my hair.....i just shampoo it once a week and i stopped combing my hair twice a day.....because i am scared that i would loose more hair. My hair just falls off even if i run my fingers through the hair. And the hair comes off from the root. I can actually see the root of the hair....
Initially i though it might be the difference in water, food etc.
I changed my food habits....but i think i did not change it enough to see good results. I am not even married and i scared that nobody would be even interested in looking at me because i look so yuk!!!!!!....
i am using Head&Shoulders shampoo....I dont have dandruff but this was the only one i thought might help in hair loss. But it is not.

So all my kind readers, thank you for reading my story, could you please suggest me some dietary improvements and shampoo suggestions and any other valuable suggestions to prevent hair loss will be appreciated.

please help.....i am desperately looking for some answers. Also if i have to get myself checked up could you please suggest me what kind of a doctor should i look for. I have no clue !!!!!

Thank you all..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

mohini HB User
Re: 24 and going Bald.....

Hi
I Am Sorry To Read About Your Hair Loss. Head And Shoulder Is A Strong Shampoo. You Should Use Mild Shampoo. Like Pentene.you Should Go And See Tricologist.
But There Is Another Advise: What Ever Hair You Lose, Collect And Save Them. Because I Watched A Program On Television In Uk Called "10 Years Younger" And Some Lady Was Going Bald In Front Of Her Forehead, And This Beautitian Cut Her Hair From Behind And Us It To Cover Her Bald Patch In Front By Stickinig There.your Own Hair Might Come Handy One Day.and Any Way Nothing To Lose In Collecting Your Hair.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Balding is genetic and not much you can do about it except if you are in good medical health you can try that Minoxidil that is sold everywhere under the name of Rogaine. There is also hair transplants that many bald guys have done. You ever see the commercial on TV that advertises the Bosley system for men....all that is surgical hair transplants and just happens that Dr Bosley advertises on TV but many docs do it. Check your yellow pages. Anyway do some online research on both the stuff you rub on your head Rogaine and the surgical procedure where they transplant hair from one part of you to your scalp. I might add that your hair or lack of hair makes no difference to most women if you are reasonably intelligent and have a great personality. good luck.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

bhenku123 HB User

Thank you for your sugestions.
None of my family members on both sides and both Men and women do not have any hair issues. If fact both my grandfathers have thick white hair till they passed away (85 and 80 yrs) and my grand mothers have incredible thick hair. Both my parents have think hair,.... its just me... and i dont know why this is happening if it is water or something. I have started to make changes in my diet. Also as suggested i stopped using H&H shampoo as of today I hope this will help me to stop loosing hair and may help in regrowth.... i am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Rogaine - does this require prescription? and can this be used and stop usage anytime? any ideas?

Closed Thread