It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

brookie123 HB User
Unhappy hair over lip

In the past few months I developed alot of hair growing over my lip. I never had this problem before. I was on Dianette (diane) for a number of years and came off it last October but this problem only developed around April. I went back on dianette in August but the problem is still there. I bleach it but it appears long and thick & my boyfriend has said it to me a few times & I've become really paranoid about it. Any advice anyone??

Old 09-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: hair over lip

Dianette is one of the medications used to prevent unwanted hair. It was obviously working for you since you grew hair once you stopped taking it. Unfortunately, taking it again will only help prevent new growth, it won't affect the hair that developed while you weren't taking it. An electrologist can get rid of those hairs for you, permanently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

Lucia777 HB User

I've been having exact same problem (but naturally, not due to medications). I was considering electrolysis too, but was didn't risk it due to high cost and some side-effects. I've been recommended Epicare - a small spring-like device that works like threading. It removes facial hair from roots and it's cheap and safe to use. I got it on amazon. Now I can't imagine how I lived without it before.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

I got really good results with electrolysis. I go back once a year for 15 minutes to take care of any regrowth.

Before electrolysis, I tried bleaching and cream hair removal, which both made my skin red and itchy for days. I had much better results with shaving, believe it or not.

Never tweeze or wax, because it can make the roots stronger, especially on your chin. Plus when the hairs grow back, they can create painful red pimple-like bumps.

Also, I assume your doctor is aware and has sent you for the appropriate tests? Hormones, thyroid, polycystic disorder, etc.

Closed Thread