It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

Gina74 HB User
Head problem please help ....

I've suffered since i went camping last Oct, my head has an intense itching sensation and sometimes a burning sensation, i've tried changing shampoos, using non fragrant ones etc, tried coal tar shampoos but nothing, its driving me insane now!! its also causing my scalp to be greasy, even the wind blowing it sets it off itching my mum checked it for nits but nothing she told me the only thing she could see was like i'd been bitten and were red & sore in a few places probaly but not sure where i've been itching it so bad i've tried to find a tricholigist but there isn't any around here Please help before i go completely insane

Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

DebraR55 HB User
Re: Head problem please help ....

Wow! Sounds alot like what I have had...for years now.
An itchy sensation,and a sore or two on my scalp.
Like you said ,the itchiness can be triggered by my hair blowing.
I have mentioned it to a few doctors who look at it and dismiss it as nothing.
If you ever find an answer, let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
(female)

Gina74 HB User

Hi there will do, what we like eh, i seriously thought i was going in sane so i'm glad you've replied and its not only me, i've looked everywhere, talked to people but nothing!! I was going to go to the doctors but got a reprieve!! the first for a long time, next time it happens i will go and let you know I was sat with raw egg on me head the other day coz it was that bad thats the only thing i've found to ease it

Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User

I had that problem for a couple months. Luckily my doctor had also suffered through it, so he had several solutions for me. He recommended T-Gel shampoo to start. If that didn't work, he was going to prescribe a shampoo for psoriasis. It's available in Canada over the counter. Sorry I can't remember the name. It might even be available otc in the US now.

A pharmacist might be able to suggest something, either OTC or Rx. If your GP doesn't know what to prescribe, go see a dermatologist, especially if you have other itchy areas on your body.

I also found a clear liquid in the drug store that simply stops the itchy feeling. There were a few nights when it was the only thing that enabled me to sleep. Oh wait, Benadryl really helped too.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #5
(female)

Gina74 HB User

Hi there, thanks for that, its getting worse now as time goes on, i've tried T gel and it helps for a few days but then comes back, i've got an appointment booked for next week at the dr's now i've had <ENOUGH>!! will let you all know what it is if i get results

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-10-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Please always use whole words in your posts.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
(female)

nancy435 HB User

Hi,
It could be seborrheic dermatitis, that is very ichy. But you should go to the doctor and check to make sure its not something you caught at camp.
I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's) for my seborrheic dermatitis and sensitive scalp. I typically take about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and mix it in a spray bottle (1 part to 1 part). I spray it directly on my scalp, by combing through the different sections. Then leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use a mild shampoo & conditioner. The longer the better. Its best to do it on the weekends or at night because it does smell. (2-3 times a week) The worse you have it the longer it will take to see results. I started using the ACV because the Nizoral shampoo started making my hair really dry and brittle and it started to break and fall out. I have pretty oily skin and I needed to wash my hair every day. For the face, take a cotton ball and dab the mixture on the spots.
Good Luck!

Last edited by nancy435; 10-11-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:42 AM   #7
(female)

Gina74 HB User

To be honest this is what i'm starting to think now, that i've caught something from camp i remember alot of flying things about what i'd of called midgys but my not of been well hopefully i'll havea result soon thanks for the tip i'll give it a go

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-12-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
(female)

Gina74 HB User

Hi there everyone

Well i ended up at the docs coz it was just driving me insane, anyway as it happens the doc has had the same thing so she knew exactly where i was coming from She looked at my scalp and told me it was inflammed, red & had little lumps on (the things i thought were bites), she couldn't tell me exactly what it was she said it could be numerous things I was prescribed ketoconazole 2% w/w shampoo, to wash twice a week with and got some betamethasone valerate 0.1% scalp app, i'm now on the 2nd week and fingers crossed so far no itching, after the 1st wash it helped but didn't stop completely after the 2nd wash it stopped altogether don't no why i left it so long.

Closed Thread