It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
(female)

dimpzz HB User
why does my scalp itch so much especially after washing

i have done hair treatments like permanent straightening and full head streaking

After two months, i realised that i have itchiness on my scalp.

I tried applying hair oil, assuming its because of dryness, have applied curd, however, got temporary relief.

I'm not facing hair fall or dandruff, whenever i wash my hair, it itches very badly and i have noticed some white substance in my nails after scratching the hair. I wash my hair thrice a week.

please tell me why does my scalp itch so much especially after washing(despite, i'm extra cautious and ensure all the shampoo and conditioner is rinsed properly)

Old 10-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Re: why does my scalp itch so much especially after washing

Those chemicals can really irritate or burn your scalp. Some people suddenly develop allergies to hair color or other products that they used for years. Otherwise it might be something common like dandruff or psoriasis.

Try T-Gel shampoo or a similar medicated shampoo for dandroff or psoriasis. I know someone who crosses the border to Canada once in a while for a shampoo (sorry I can't remember the name) that is only available by prescription here. There is also a clear liquid that you can buy that simply relieves the itchy feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
(female)

cathy57 HB User
Re: why does my scalp itch so much especially after washing

I'm no expert, but I've talked to hairdressers who say that straightening if done regularly can cause hair loss. the chemicals they use must be very strong. Unfortunately, no one tells you that, but the hairdresser I was talking to (she sells hair extensions) has lost a lot of hair from straighteners and she's very sure it was from that!!

Closed Thread