HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Hair Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/)
-   -   Pimples/Acne throughout scalp (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/638148-pimples-acne-throughout-scalp.html)

chris5621 09-30-2008 10:00 AM

Pimples/Acne throughout scalp

For the past few months, I have been getting pimples all over my scalp. They start out red and sore, and end up with white/yellowish scabs. My scalp is getting very sore as the number/frequency of these pimples/sores/scabs keeps increasing.

I'm female, in my 30's, and have long, straight, very fine hair. I've also noticed my hair thinning quite a bit since these pimples started.

I've always had normal to oily hair, and have always shampood every day, sometimes twice a day. I have never had any adverse reaction or allergies or anything like that to any shampoos or products. I don't dye my hair, and I don't use any product or hairspray at all. I've never had any other serious skin condition.

Since this started, I have tried several different shampoos/strategies. I've tried the nizoral and the head and shoulders. <BECAUSE> of the oiliness, I've never used much conditioner...even so, I started trying different brands, and using less and less to the point that I've now completely stopped using conditioner. I've tried the neutrogena shampoo. I've even tried using a scrub brush when I shampoo! NONE of this has helped, and some of it has seemed to make it worse (particularly the Head & Shoulderse and nizoral).

What's happening to my head/hair??? Thank you so much for any advice or ideas you can give me!!!

nancy435 10-11-2008 11:14 AM

Re: Pimples/Acne throughout scalp

I just started using the New Head & Shoulders intensive solutions for severe dandruff prevention and seborrheic dermatitis (Dark blue bottle) and it works really good. I am about 90&#37; free of scalp build up and flakes. And my hair doesn’t seem as dried out, but I also use a good conditioner just in case. I am also taking a multivitamin and biotin everyday.

Hi,
Because you said that you had white/yellow scabs, you could have seborrheic dermatitis.
I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's) for my seborrheic dermatitis and sensitive scalp. I typically take about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and mix it in a spray bottle (1 part to 1 part). I spray it directly on my scalp, by combing through the different sections. Then leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use a mild shampoo & conditioner. The longer the better. Its best to do it on the weekends or at night because it does smell. (2-3 times a week) The worse you have it the longer it will take to see results. I started using the ACV because the Nizoral shampoo started making my hair really dry and brittle and it started to break and fall out. I have pretty oily skin and I needed to wash my hair every day. For the face, take a cotton ball and dab the mixture on the spots.
Good Luck!
:D