It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
(male)

dsmpacttsi HB User
22 year old male needs help

hello i am 22 and started losing my hair a year and a half ago, got bloood tests done recently and dr couldnt find anything so he told me it must be in my genes, but i went back 3 generations on both sides of my family and found no hair loss, my family has amazing hair, and my hair was so thick a year and a half ago. i dont feel like the dr i was seeing at this clinic was very much help he gave me minixodill tablets, and from what ive read i probably shouldnt take these for hair loss. plus he didnt even thinkk i had a hair loss issue because he did a hair pull test? and aparently since he didn find 10 or more hairs in his hand im ok. even though i told him i had very very very thick hair a year ago. also i noticed this hair loss pretty close to three months after i had a surgery on my ankle and i recently read that surgery can cause hair losss 3 months after, but that was a year and a half ago like i said, could that be the issue??? i dont know what to do, this hair loss is really affecting me, its pretty bad i have maybe a third of my hair left on the top of my head and a bald spot that is pretty big now in the back, i dont want to give up on my hair i started realizing lately how much different my life is because of losing my hair. So is there anyway of finding out specifially why my hair is falling out, and not just a generic answer like it must be in your family, or is there no way of knowing?
any help is appreciated more than you could know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: 22 year old male needs help

I don't know if this will help or not, but a friend of mine's daughter had back surgery and her hair was still falling out six months afterward. My friend said it was from the anesthesia. Are you currently on any meds? Many of them can cause hair loss.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User
Re: 22 year old male needs help

minixodill is the main incredient in Rogaine.
Now your taking minixodill tablets.
From what i'v read, you might shed hair when your first start Rogaine.
Thats ofcourse using the foam or gel.
Its possible you might be shedding hair from the minixodill tablets.
But after awhile, the hair will start to regrow that you shredded.
Now Rogaine does vary person to person on how it works.

Closed Thread