It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
(male)

mozas HB User
does the hair lost due to seborrheic dermatitis can be gained back?

i have been loosing my hair for the past 3 years...i could find scaling on my scalp but didnt take it serious..instead, i started using minoxidil 5%....the scales on my scalp got worsened by this.I stopped using minoxidil and consulted a dermatologist.He was a homeopathic.He told me to shave my head whenever i find the scales and to apply a topical solution once in three days...He told me to use ketaconazole 2% lotion.all these didnt work..after each shave i noticed that i am getting more and more bald. does the hair lost due to seborrheic dermatitis can be gained back? whom should i consult for a good treatment? i cant waaste anymore time for the experimental treatments of my dermatologist...please do help me ....THANK YOU

Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

cathy57 HB User
Re: does the hair lost due to seborrheic dermatitis can be gained back?

I'm going through flakey scalp with hair loss, which just seems to get worse with stress and time..... I'm also looking for solutions. .....You need to find out if you're deficient in nutrients.... Have you been eating well? If you're deficient in zinc, you may experience hair loss, and itchy scalp. YOu could try 60 mg zinc a day in divided doses, but that's a lot of zinc, so take some copper also.. How is your iron? What about your thyroid? Are you taking enough B vitamins? what about a good multi? What's your ferritin level? I read somewhere that a girl's hair started growing in when she started taking 75 mg zinc/day..... sounds really good to me! {REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-22-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Do not post off board contact information of any kind for any reason. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

nancy435 HB User
Re: does the hair lost due to seborrheic dermatitis can be gained back?

My hair grew back, but you have to keep using the shampoo. Even if you think its mostly gone, use it once a week. Make sure you shampoo your hair everyday with some type of shampoo, don't let the oil bulid up on scalp.
My seborrheic got really bad and I had these patches of crusty yellow build up and some turned into sores. Nizoral shampoo works good, but it really dries out the hair and can cause breakage. I started using the New Head & Shoulders intensive solutions for severe dandruff prevention and seborrheic dermatitis (Dark blue bottle) and it works really good. I am about 90% free of scalp build up and flakes (2 week use) And my hair doesn’t seem as dried out, but I also use a good conditioner just in case.
I am also taking a multivitamin and biotin everyday.

Last edited by nancy435; 11-25-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Closed Thread