It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

Kewpid HB User
Whats happening to my hair?

Hey guys. Heres my problem:
Im a 17 year old guy. There is absolutely no history of male baldness in my family; all the guys in my family have a full head of hair. However, a few months ago I noticed that the hair at my temples was receding. Now, my temples are about 1 or 2 cm further back then the middle of my hairline. Also, over the past few days, ive been experiencing random, fine hairs all over my head. They are mainly on my front hairline, but they are also randomly all over my head.
These hairs stick out from the rest, and they are weaker and finer then the rest. Why are they like this? I have been really worrying about losing my hair lately, so as you can imagine this is really scaring me.
As I said before, there is no history of baldness in my family. My dad has all of his hair, as do both my grandads. Ive put myself on Saw Palmetto, as I read online that it can help with hair loss, and im also taking vitamin B-Complex.
Basically, my question is: what are all these sickly, thin hairs on my head? I have been fussing with my hair alot lately, as I'm very worried about losing it, could this be the reason? Or is it something to do with the hair growth cycle?
Thankyou so much for reading this. Im very scared about this right now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
(male)

Stoler99 HB UserStoler99 HB User
Re: Whats happening to my hair?

You need to see a dermatologist.
It could be something medical or possibly stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread