1. Oil your hair: a night before a hair wash. If that is too much, at least an hour before washing your hair. Massage your scalp with warm oil and spread it to the the tips of your hair.
A lot of women forget to apply oil on the tips and in most cases, this leads to split ends.
I prefer to use warm olive oil. But you can use any oil you want to. I have heard some great reviews about Dabur Vatika a Hair Oil and Kamaís Bhrami Oil.
2. Steam: This step is optional. Before half an hour from washing your hair, wrap your hair in a steaming towel.
3. Shampoo: Shampoo your hair the next morning. Use your finger tips to work the shampoo into lather (this helps stimulate blood circulation in the head) and then rinse it off. Keep the shampoo routine pretty short as the chemicals in shampoo can dry your scalp out.
4. Conditioner: Apply the hair conditioner to the hair shaft and ends. If you have oily hair, apply to the ends only. You do not need to apply it to the roots of the hair as the roots already have its own sebum and you do not need to condition it.
5. Pat and Pamper:When damp, donít rub your hair vigorously as excess friction can cause hair to break off! Pat gently with a towel.
6. Air Dry: Air dry your hair as much as you can. Keep the usage of blow dryer to the minimal. If you have to use a hairdryer, keep it slightly away from the hair, and use lower heat settings.
I follow this routine atleast twice a week. You may follow it as per your hair and scalp needs.