It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
(male)

jahb90 HB User
I'm a 20 year old male losing my hair!! HELP

(height. 5.8 weight. 175) I just turned 20 about 3 months ago and for the past 2 months I've noticed how my hair line has been decreasing dramatically. about 10 moths ago i decided to let my hair grow so my hair right now is semi-long, and everytime i brush it a lot of hair falls out and even when im doing nothing i run my fingers thru my hair and about 5-6 hairs come off, same when i shower, but when i comb it is when i see the most hair fall out, a lot of hair (its been happening for about 2 months now). my friends think is because I used to put a lot of hair product on my hair to kinda volumize it since my hair is very straight, they think that that is the cause of my hair loss. my dad started loosing his hair on his early 30's(my dad is not completely bald, his hair line is very very thin) so maybe is a little too soon for me to starting going bald, am i right? also i started working at a store about 5 months or so, so my diet has changed and i dont eat as much anymore, nor get that much sleep, and i rarely find myself stressing out about stuff. most of the hair falls out from the front side of my scalp, the hair doesnt brake off it comes out from the root. i've never had a whole bunch of hair, my hair has always been thin but as mentioned before for the past 2 months or so it has been decreasing and i dont have as much hair as i used to. i need your help, please can someone let me know, what i could do to stop this from happening and to start growing more hair. help me please.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

sunkissed89 HB User
Re: I'm a 20 year old male losing my hair!! HELP

hair loss can be one of many things..(1) it could be something that runs in your family. you said how your dad started losing hair in his 30's..it could happen to you also, just a little bit sooner. ask your mom about men on her side of the family..(2) the hair products have nothing to do with hair loss. as long as you wash your hair and get the products out so they dont build up, itll be okay. (3) when you shampoo your hair you should try to massage your scalp. that will help circulate the blood flow in your head, and it helps with hair growth. (4) everything you put in your body (food, drinks, vitamins, medicines, etc..) comes out thru your hair, nails and skin. so maybe if you dont have as much time to eat because of your new job, try taking a multi-vitamin. there's actually a line of hair products that is for people with thinning hair/hair loss. its called Nioxin..you can find it at most hair salons. its kind of expensive, and it works best if you use the shampoo, conditioner, and the scalp treatment. the nioxin hair line has a vitamin..i take it everyday.

you also have to remember that your hair will naturally change on its own every 7 years, whether it be the color, texture, density..so that could be playing a role in your hair loss.

one other small little tip, if your hair is thinning, you should wear it a little bit shorter. trying to cover up the area that has thinned with overly long hair just makes it 10 times more noticable. <edit> there are a lot of guys who try to keep one side longer and comb it over to the other side...or take hair from the back of their head and comb it straight forward to cover up a thin area. if i were you, id consider cutting it a little bit shorter.

you could also go see your doctor and have some bloodwork done. it might be a deeper issue than what you're thinking.

good luck!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-30-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Replaced UR with Your and removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread

Tags
hair loss help male 20