It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

sashecrowell HB User
what to do if you mess up your hair?

I have always done my hair blonde and then last night I let my husband talk me into dying it red.EEEEKK. About from my roots to about 4-5 in down it turned red but not the colour I wanted. And everything below that turned brown red greenish colour. I went to the salon this morning and she said I should cut it shorter (it would help)then sheput blonde highlight where it was red all over then put brown on the rest. now I still hate it its too dark (not enough blonde) and it still looks greenish. I was thinking about just going to get my old blonde and redying it. What should I do??? Help

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-06-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room word with the proper word. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: what to do if you mess up your hair?

I have had bad dye jobs by doing it myself AND at salons. Two different salons had my blonde hair turning ash. They used this blue shampoo to "rub" the ash out, which did not work all that well.

Once I asked my niece if my hair looked gray. She said yes. I redid my hair a lighter blonde than I normally use and it came out good. I wouldn't let people cut your hair to get rid of the color. I've often colored my hair twice within one weekend because the color wasn't right. I've found that I have to stay with 9NB (natural blonde) and stay away from GB (golden blonde) or anything other than NB. GB turns my hair brassy and the others ashy.

You can buy the blue shampoo which is supposed to take the brassiness out of blonde hair at any salon. You may just want to try doing a blonde dye yourself.

good luck!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 09-07-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

sunkissed89 HB User

give your hair a week or so to breathe, then you can go into your salon, find a stylist who is willing to spend the time to help fix your problem. be sure to mention to her (1) your NATURAL color, (2) the color you usually color it with the color you do at home, (3) what you did with the red, (4) what happened, and what you want to fix, (5) what color you WANT TO see, (6) what color you DONT want to see..then be sure you buy some GOOD salon shampoo and conditioner, and maybe have your stylist give you a protein treatment while you're getting your hair done. after she gets you to the color you want, and fixes the mistake you made at home..you can probably go back to doing it yourself..but just remember when you're doing your own hair at home, only put the color on your roots (the regrowth). so if you ever decide to change your hair color again, it will be a little bit more easy to get to your new desired color. and of course getting a couple inches cut off so your ends are healthy, and there will be less color you might have to grow out

Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Oh yes, forgot to tell you to let your hair breathe.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
(female)

Deelicious HB User

whatever you do don't dye it right away ...not GOOD at all

Closed Thread