It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(male)

CaughtOut HB User
Scalp Problems - Interior

In order to improve the appearance of my hair but not the condition, I started using a thick liquid almost cream type conditioner. The product, in terms of helping me style my hair was excellent although it did have one significant side effect. The product ‘dripped’ onto my face particularly making my nose go quite red. I tolerated this given the astounding benefits it gave me when styling my hair. This dripping effect was always more profound during the summer months when presumably I sweated more.

Moving on about four years. The product no longer produced its excellent styling effect using ‘normal’ amounts of the conditioner. Disappointed with this I was almost pouring bottles of the stuff onto my hair. I never achieved the previous styling effect again and so discontinued using the product some nine years ago.

I still experience significant ‘drip’ from this product onto my face and nose where it seems to accumulate. I have used many shampoos, including build up removal shampoos, to try and clean the scalp. I have for example used ketoconazole which would seemingly clean the scalp and accordingly my face/nose for a few days only for the problem to reoccur.

My thinking is that the product has been absorbed into my scalp and is almost ‘excreted’ when it becomes hot. When it is warm I suppose that this would naturally increase any scalp orientated sweat. Again, the net result of this assumed sweating is that it leaves me with a funny looking red nose.

Have you any experience of this type of complaint? I am not sure if there is any scientific base for suggesting that product might be absorbed into the scalp but I do not see why not. If it is absorbed one way i.e. into the scalp, then surely it can return from where it came! In some ways I associate it with the notion of blocked pores.

If I could get some kind of resolution to this it would be wonderful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread